Help with running 12V constant direct to battery!

Jmbeebe0722

MO
I figured my problem and I am loosing power at the factory harness to the after market harness. So I am needing to run a constant directly to the battery.

Could anyone give me a basically How-to? Like what all is needed, and the gauge of wire needed?

well if i am not mistaken the wire on the harness should be 16 gauge so prob 16 gauge and your going to need to put a switch on it and comnbine the yellow and red? wire not sure but its a start

well, if you want a true constant, you take a wire, connect one end to the battery, and the other end to the source that needs the constant power wire. you'll obviously want to use a fuse in there somewhere.

if you want a switched power wire, do the exact same thing.... with a switch in it.

use the same size wire as the stock wire, or bigger.

well, if you want a true constant, you take a wire, connect one end to the battery, and the other end to the source that needs the constant power wire. you'll obviously want to use a fuse within 18 inches of the battery.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

from the + of the battery........ run to the remote on the harness not that hard. then you just have to turn the deck off and on when you get in and out of a car

from the + of the battery........ run to the remote on the harness not that hard. then you just have to turn the deck off and on when you get in and out of a car
wtf? why would you run 12v to the remote?

Just wire it like an amplifier, you should still be able to use the ignition wire from the car to turn it on and off.

I had to relocate my factory headunit because my car don't really work without it. I went and bought an 8 gauge power wiring kit for my new headunit and it works pretty good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.