Help with Remote Wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

Biohazard
10+ year member

I AM
Vancouver
OK, i seem to be in a rut,

When i connect the remote wire to my amp the speakers cut out, i have no idea why, everything is fine from what i recollect.

I connected the remote wire to the blue wire out of the h/u, then ran it right back, i tried 2 different wires and everything...

any ideas why the speakers cut out? and the amp doesn't turn on at all either.

Your remote wire is what makes your amp turn on and power speakers. If your remote wire is actually crapping out, your amp and the amp powered speakers will turn off. If it seems like an intermittant problem, I'd suggest redoing the remote wire connections, then replacing the (possibly compromised by a nicked cover/insulation) remote wire, then start swapping actual equipment (HU, then amp).

Originally posted by ChefJoe Your remote wire is what makes your amp turn on and power speakers. If your remote wire is actually crapping out, your amp and the amp powered speakers will turn off. If it seems like an intermittant problem, I'd suggest redoing the remote wire connections, then replacing the (possibly compromised by a nicked cover/insulation) remote wire, then start swapping actual equipment (HU, then amp).
i have switched amps and the same thing occurs.....it does not happen when i attach it to my other hu....and i have changed the atual wire too....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.