Help With Ported Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrSupaBad

TN
I have 2 custom built 8's that I'd like to put in 2000 s10 Reg Cab.

I have tried using WinISD and BassBox to try and come up with a box n port dimensions.

I'm just not confident that the design I have is best for my subs.

Was told one sub models out great in .8 cubic feet ported to 35hz, with a 1"x10"x25" slot vent and a 24db subsonic filter at 30hz.

Would that mean that two would work great in 1.6ft3 with a 2"x10"x25" slot vent?

I'm looking for Extended Bass for mostly Rap.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

Other Input for thought.

Space I have to work with is 51"Wx17"Hx9"BDpthx4"TDpth.

Params are:

re: 3.8248

fs: 44.41

qts: .566

qes: .633

qms: 5.379

le: 1.52

vas: .367

spl: 83.47

Thanks in Advance,

JasonT

Why would you need a subsonic filter? Are you not driving the sub with a dedicated amp?
A subsonic filter allows you to have a "cut off" point for safety reasons. More times then not damage done by exceding mechanical limits is do to faulty enclosures and improper settings. Meaning in some cases if you try to play say 25hz you may be exceeding what the sub can do mechanically, so if you use a subsonic filter you can set it to "cut off" anything lower then say 28hz or so.

A subsonic filter allows you to have a "cut off" point for safety reasons. More times then not damage done by exceding mechanical limits is do to faulty enclosures and improper settings. Meaning in some cases if you try to play say 25hz you may be exceeding what the sub can do mechanically, so if you use a subsonic filter you can set it to "cut off" anything lower then say 28hz or so.
You sir, are correct.

What subs are they?
They are Custom 8's built using the motor from a Clarion WQ2150D 10" sub for 400W RMS.

Where are you in TN?
West TN. Jackson to be more specific.

ClarionSubs_zps7f43645b.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.