Help with port size/ tuning please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

C-Loc

I just built a box for my alpine swx 1242d. The boxes dimensions are 13.5H x 25W x 15L using 3/4 in. MDF. And I'm putting a slot port in on the left side of the front peice. So my port would be the height of the box. I want to tune it to 24Hz. This is my first time tuning a box and I'm a little confused and I want to do this right so any help would be really appreciated. How wide should I make my port?

Tuning it at 24Hz? More like 35Hz my friend. Just remember, a "ported" box with slot ports is bigger than one with tube ports. The dimensions given is roughly 2.2ft^. You still have to account for the volume of the port itself.

It depends on the car you're putting it in. Space may or may not be factor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.