Help with Pioneer DMH W4660NEX

Participant count
  • Participant list

Supafastone

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey

I recently purchased a Pioneer DMH W4660NEX and had it installed in my 2014 Civic SI. It works well but when I start my car and my phone connects to the head unit, it defaults to the Pioneer software screen. It then requires three fairly slow clicks to get to CarPlay.

Is it possible to configure either my phone or the head unit so it defaults to CarPlay rather than the Pioneer screen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I can’t really help you find a solution but my pioneer has the wireless CarPlay as well and it will randomly shut off all the time. I had to send it for repairs under warranty as it was randomly shutting off here and there and then got worse and then it finally stopped working. It works thankfully but will still shut off here and there. I’m just waiting for that time it turns off and never comes back. I think I’m going to use wired CarPlay for a month and see if it shuts off. It appears pioneer has issues with their wireless connectivity across these lines.

Thanks for the information. I would have expected these kinds of issues from a cheaper off brand head unit. But not Pioneer. I guess I’ll live with it a few years and then replace it with another brand. I hope yours doesn’t completely break down on you.

I have been driving my parents Nissan SUV for a while (we had to take my fathers licence away from him) and it has wired car play.
It randomly shuts down and the car automatically switches to the bluetooth streaming.
It's a 2019 Rogue that only has 15,000 km's on it so it's not that old and worse than than that its wired to an Iphone 11
II thought maybe it is a conflict between the carplay and the Bluetooth but I need the Bluetooth on for the phone so the car play had to go
I tell you though it's nice to be able to just say "Hey Siri, can you play me..."

Only problem I have had with my Pioneer and CarPlay is it will randomly freeze. Waze directions will freeze and I can't skip the song but it continues playing fine. Not a big deal but annoying. Mine defaults to CarPlay though.

Think your best bet would be contacting Pioneer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...