Help with Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

Participant count
  • Participant list

OCOutdoors

SoCal
Hi all! I just signed on to this forum because I am trying to figure out my new AVH-P4300DVD. I am no expert at installation but I did install a Kenwood DDX-616 in my Superduty a little over a year ago along with 2 Farenheit T-7018TS Screens in my headrest and a Metra Axxes aswc. The main reason I originally went with the DDX-616 was it had dual zone control so I could put a dvd in for the kids in the rear and they could listen through the rear speakers while I drove and listen to radio/Ipod through front speakers. Set up worked great but I wasn't completelly happy with the actual HU. I hated the fact that the HU would take 20-30 seconds to turn on everytime I started the truck. Bluetooth worked but I always had to manually connect it. That is frustrating being that I would turn the truck off when ordering at a drive-thru(diesel). And last the DDX616 isn't that user friendly.

On to the AVH-P4300DVD. I got it yesterday and wired it up last night. The parking brake bypass was easy with the relay. Problems I am having are I can't get the headrest screens to show the movie and I can't get the Metra Axxes aswc to link with the Pioneer. Looked at the directions for the Axxess aswc and it should do it all on its own once I turn the truck on and hold the reset button on the Pioneer. Problem is the Axxes aswc does not blink like the directions say it will. The headrest screens should just plug into the "V OUT" on the back of the HU. This HU is supposed to have Dual Zoning but I haven't figured that out yet either.

Thinking I should just put my DDX616 back in but would like to get the Pioneer to work. Anyone have any input?

rest it by pushing reset after 2 seconds,i turned the power off,back on with the vol.up button and mine works fine,as for the pioneer,theres a small spot,upper left when you touch it for the diff.sources,theres a rear that pops up,there you can select what you want.

I am an idiot. I did not realize that there was a reset button on the axxess. I was trying to reset on the HU. The SWC work now. If I can just figure out how to get my rear monitors to work I will be golden.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.