HELP with ohms!!

lombardo
10+ year member

bass massage
Audiobahn states that their subs run at either 3 or 12 ohms. How do you get an amp to run at that ohm rating? I'm looking at a lanzar amp running at something like 800x2 @2 ohms...but i don't know if the subs work at that ohm rating? HELP i'm so confused.

Audiobahn states that their subs run at either 3 or 12 ohms. How do you get an amp to run at that ohm rating? I'm looking at a lanzar amp running at something like 800x2 @2 ohms...but i don't know if the subs work at that ohm rating? HELP i'm so confused.

The subs are dual 3ohm coils evidentally. Any amp that is 2ohm stable will have no problem with 3ohm. You just won't get all the rated 2ohm power. You'll get a little less. Witout doing the math I would say in the 600x2 range. That amp should have no problems with those subs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

3 or 12 ohm. Then dual 6 ohm VC's. Run them in parallel for a 3 ohm load then run the amp in stereo mode 800x2. It wont quite make the 800 watts because of the higher speaker impeadance. Also its not if the subs will work at an amplifiers ohm rating. The speaker doesn't really care that much about the amps output impeadance or specific power rating for a specific ohm load. It just takes whatever power its being given. However, the amplifer is dependent on the speakers impeadance. Depending on the impeadance the amp will produce either more or less power, and divide that power amongst the subwoofers according to ohms law..

3 or 12 ohm. Then dual 6 ohm VC's. Run them in parallel for a 3 ohm load then run the amp in stereo mode 800x2. It wont quite make the 800 watts because of the higher speaker impeadance. Also its not if the subs will work at an amplifiers ohm rating. The speaker doesn't really care that much about the amps output impeadance or specific power rating for a specific ohm load. It just takes whatever power its being given. However, the amplifer is dependent on the speakers impeadance. Depending on the impeadance the amp will produce either more or less power, and divide that power amongst the subwoofers according to ohms law..

Yeah...what he said - the tyyyyypoooos. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.