Help with Mustang Big 3 and 5000 Watt Setup!! Please reply!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Your alt and battery should be fine for 3000 rms if you add a second agm it would be better tho. The lvl 5 is a 3500 watt sub The m3 , newer , sub is what you want. It's more musical

you Arent gonna fit a pair of 12s in your mustang. Maybe one 12 but no way in hell will you fit two unless you build the box inside the trunk, Your trunk opening is ridiculous with its shape. Infinities are okay.
What brand is the alternator? Whats your current voltage drops like?
definitely true about the trunk space. With my current box I installed it from the inside (took out everything to the frame) because it wouldn't fit in otherwise. On my current setup I'm losing about 2 volts after about a minute. The only disclaimer is I'm running a stock 110 amp alt and regular battery. I haven't received the new setup or finished the big 3 yet.

The Alternator is from Eagle High. So far they reassured that it truly puts out 250 amps. Since hearing about so many scams I'm still reluctant to fully believe what they say. I tried Mechman but they didn't have a 250 amp for my car and I didn't know how to install a universal version. I believe it was the same with Stinger.

definitely true about the trunk space. With my current box I installed it from the inside (took out everything to the frame) because it wouldn't fit in otherwise. On my current setup I'm losing about 2 volts after about a minute. The only disclaimer is I'm running a stock 110 amp alt and regular battery. I haven't received the new setup or finished the big 3 yet.
The Alternator is from Eagle High. So far they reassured that it truly puts out 250 amps. Since hearing about so many scams I'm still reluctant to fully believe what they say. I tried Mechman but they didn't have a 250 amp for my car and I didn't know how to install a universal version. I believe it was the same with Stinger.
Do not buy that ebay branded alt. Its complete junk.

NEVER go with ebay alts they are the same as the blacklisted car audio brands. either poor performance or unreliable.

try excessive amperage, Mike Singer alts, DC power alts, ohio generators or other proven names in the industry.

Their base of operations

Eagle high is their ebay brand

https://www.yelp.com/biz/eagle-electric-1-northridge

Just to clarfiy --

Almost all the cheap brands make a big deal of peak/max power. It is a completely meaningless figure. They choose it virtually at random. Its only purpose is to look impressive to people that don't realize it doesn't mean anything.

The AC4000.1d (if that's your amp) is roughly 1000w rms at 1 ohm.

Don't know exactly what your 4 ch is. The R1100M is a mono amp and I don't see a 4 ch Boss with a similar model #. The R2504 that they call 1000w has a pair of 25A fuses and is likely around 75-100w x 4.

So what you're working with is a ~1400w system.

I'm guessing your Mustang has a 130A alt.

This setup would run fairly well on the stock electrical system although upgrading the factory wires wouldn't be a bad idea.

H/O alt certainly won't hurt anything and will give you a lot of room for amp improvements in the future.

You don't need 1/0 for the 4 ch. 8 awg would work fine. But again, if you're going to upgrade - big wires now is a good thing. It will be tricky getting 1/0 connected to an amp with terminals intended for 8 awg.

Just to clarfiy --
Almost all the cheap brands make a big deal of peak/max power. It is a completely meaningless figure. They choose it virtually at random. Its only purpose is to look impressive to people that don't realize it doesn't mean anything.

The AC4000.1d (if that's your amp) is roughly 1000w rms at 1 ohm.

Don't know exactly what your 4 ch is. The R1100M is a mono amp and I don't see a 4 ch Boss with a similar model #. The R2504 that they call 1000w has a pair of 25A fuses and is likely around 75-100w x 4.

So what you're working with is a ~1400w system.

I'm guessing your Mustang has a 130A alt.

This setup would run fairly well on the stock electrical system although upgrading the factory wires wouldn't be a bad idea.

H/O alt certainly won't hurt anything and will give you a lot of room for amp improvements in the future.

You don't need 1/0 for the 4 ch. 8 awg would work fine. But again, if you're going to upgrade - big wires now is a good thing. It will be tricky getting 1/0 connected to an amp with terminals intended for 8 awg.
Thank you for your clarification! I was wondering why I wasn't having too many issues on a stock setup given "described" output. I realize by chatting with all of you that , while i have a better than stock system, it's nowhere near where I want it to be. I don't want to be in SPL competitions or anything, but I do want an excellent proper system that is made of all quality parts and intention. Now I just have to return everything and start from scratch lol. In the future I'll be sure to ask the audio gods (you guys and this community) before making my purchase. I appreciate everyone here being helpful and not noob bashing lol. I have much to learn about the higher quality audio setups and I'm excited to eventually be able to help new people like myself avoid the mistakes I've made.

Thank you everyone once again for helping me get on track!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.