Help with Kicker 10" Popping Sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

jsb91010

ok guys, first let me say that the sound is a popping noise when the bass hits. It almost sounds like a popping/rattling/vibrating. i bought the sub brand new, and the amp is brand new too. The sub is the kicker competition 10 inch 150 Watts. my amp is the kicker 300.1 which does 150 Watts. both are for 4 ohms's. I have the bass boost "off". The gain is set about half way (adjusting the gain doesn't take away the popping sound). The box is a truck style box that usually fit behind the seat. I've included some pictures of my setup and even a short video so you can hear the sound it makes. The video was recorded at very low volume, but it sounds the same at higher volumes just louder. The ground wire is short, under 18" and it came in an AMP kit i purchased from walmart, it's schocse brand. I am trying to figure out if my sub came to me defective, because I can't figure out any settings that take away the popping sound when bass'n hard. Let me know if yall need any more info i'd be glad to provide it because it's frustrating me I spent all this money on this system and it sounds bad! Thanks for your time

Could be a leaky box unless it sounds like something making contact with something else and that would be your coil hitting the back plate. You need to narrow it down by running your hand along all the edges of your box and feeling for air. If you feel nothing it's either bottoming out of lead slap but im not sure how the leads are ran on that woofer

still can't post it withouth admin approval...hopefully this one gets approved, if not can i PM you the video link it's just a short 10second clip but you can hear the sound well.

well i plugged my brothers 10" kicker it's the same speaker in to my system, and there was NO popping sound at all...sounded pretty **** good! So i guess this narrows it down to either being a problem with my speaker or my box... Im guessing the speaker is jacked up... Can anyone suggest a speaker that's better quality that is 150Watts RMS? Or, my amp is capable of doing 300 watts RMS @ 2ohms. I want my system to sound the best! any ideas or suggestions welcome! thanks

you mean push on the panels of the box? I will try, but i think it's the sub because even with the sub out of the box in free air i can hear the sub have that rattle/scratchy sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.