Help with humming noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Peep6543

First post here, apologies if this is not where this thread belongs.

I had a Sony XAV-64BT head unit in and in the last few months during cold start only it was humming and eventually would fade out after a few minutes. It got progressively worse and would keep humming while driving. Almost sounded like a processor trying to had to read a disc or something. For this and other reasons I replaced it with a Pioneer unit.

I have it pulled and sent power just to see if it was the RCA cross/poor grounding deal that made the engine whine that is all over youtube. It still hums. Is it just a dusty internal fan? Is this common? Can it be fixed?

Ideally I would like to have the noise fixed and throw the unit on ebay for $100 as I have no use for it any longer.

Cheers all. I appreciate any productive input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.