help with hooking up highs.

Participant count
  • Participants list

theboiyo187

Hi all im new to the site and also a newb to car audio. So everything for this project is all budget an low end products. I've seen numerous of people do regular amp and sub installs so i knew how to run that. My thing is how to wire and run a amp for highs. I've tried google and youtube and just couldnt seem to find how the wiring from the head unit to the amp goes. Any help would be appreciated.

How many RCA out puts does HU have if any? If it has fr/rear/sub use a set of RCAs to the fr and rear channels. If only 1 set of RCAs available use a splitter or a line converter to get the amount of inputs you need. Use High pass filter on amp. Are you using Components with a xover ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Here try this (I use simple programs like this as a long time box designer all of the time): https://boomspeaker.com/subwoofer-port-calculator/...
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. The dsp is an afterthought. I haven't installed anything yet but I put a budget system together. I already...
I have a bunch of amp but the sundown and the skar are two highest wattage ones. what amp would be needed to be enough for that skar 15" i thought...
That is correct. I like these as they are twisted pair and the RCA ends are thick and grip quite nicely...
I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones...

About this thread

theboiyo187

theboiyo187
york,Pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
theboiyo187