help with home reciever

this just started happening. alot of songs on certain high notes, it plays the note....i dont even know how to descibe it...it makes almost every song horrible to listen to. its not the reciever, as ive changed recievers and its not the speakers, as ive tried MULTIPLE speakers and they all do it on those certain notes...its a really hard sound to describe, its just not playing the frequency like its supposed to, like it used to. i have it hooked from my laptop to the reciever, and the speakers from the reciever...its been like this for years and its just starting to sound like crap now...what could it be?

Did you recently play around with any of the sound card settings?

It sounds to me like the output level of the soundcard is set too high, so it's distorting...

i didnt, but my PC has been acting weird lately. how do i get back in a mess with them? its pissing me off! lol

i listen to music all the time in my room...basically whenever im on the computer, which is alot lol

Might want to fix the problems with your computer, could be the root of this...

In the meantime, turn down the level on your soundcard and see if that takes care of it. If it gets rid of the distortion, you've found the source.

i dont know how to get into my soundcard settings lol
What soundcard? I would suggest you start with flushing all drivers and software for it out and reinstall all the latest drivers and software. Could have had a bug crawl in its ass, or it has some component on it's board that is just giving up. In the latter case a new SC is the only remedy.

Sounds like his computer is getting slowed down doing other processes and the decoding of the MP3 is getting messed up... Figure out what is causing you computer to be slow and the problem should go away. Check for spyware and the like....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.