help with grounding

Participant count
  • Participant list

uzy
10+ year member

O
hey

i have my amps installed by a friend who has done a bit crappy as the controls are on the end of the amp facing the floor of the boot lol.

so to use the controls i want to turn the amps the other way round the +ve wire is fine but the ground wire was done in 2 different places, so the two amps were grounded on a bolt in the boot space while the power cap was ground to the seatbelt bolt. would it be aright if i was to put the ground cable from both the amps to the ground point on the power cap, so that they go through the power caps ground wire to the seatbelt bolt.

You should run a ground from the battery to a location where you can put all your grounds at that point.

If you want to put your grounds at that seatbelt bolt it should be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.