Help with Eclipse DA7232

Participant count
  • Participant list

reible82nd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys, I just bought an Eclipse EA7232 from a local shop. I'm going to be running a Cadence Daytona 12D2 with it.

I know it's a dual mono, so initially I thought I was going to have to run each voice coil to a channel, but there's a crossover setting on the amplifier which allows you to select stereo / L + R / Mono (L). If I'm interpreting that correctly, switching it to "mono" mode would series the internal amplifiers as I assume the (L) next to mono means that the right output wouldn't be used. If each side can run at 2-ohms, that would mean that I could series my sub and run a 4-ohm load to the left side of the amplifier.

Maybe I'm completely off here, but I'm just trying to figure out whether I'll need to modify the wiring on my sub to run a voice coil to each side, or if I can series the sub inside the box and run a single length of cable to the left side of the amp using "mono" mode. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Ok, I'm an idiot...I've done some additional research and identified that "mono" mode allows you to only use a single RCA cable hooked to the left RCA input.

I had that same amp on 1 sub each channel to a 2 ohm voice coil on an hx2 15 and it worked fine wouldnt say id recommend it as it is basically two amps in 1 chassis. definitely dont wire it in a series across the two channels. that switch pertains to the rca inputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.