help with components

e36sdn

hi i have a 2007dodge charger with a clarion dxz 855mp head unit with sony 6x9's in the front and rear running off a mtx 4 chanel 420watt amp and 2 kicker 10" comps running off a mtx 300w momo amp but i am looking to replace the speakers with polk 6.5 components in the fronts and polk 6x9's in the back i just want to see what peoples opinions are on the polks because i am also considering the kickers but dont know which way to go i listened to them in the store but its all false sound not what my car would sound like just need some views and ideas thank you

speakers that cost about the same sound about the same.you probably wont hear a difference between your sonys and the polks or kickers.

a better question for you is,

what dont you like about the way your sounds are now?

well the sonys I would say would definitely ****. The Polks and Kicker have similar sound but it depends on which series you get. Both are decent for the price but there are other companies to consider also.

hi i have a 2007dodge charger with a clarion dxz 855mp head unit with sony 6x9's in the front and rear running off a mtx 4 chanel 420watt amp and 2 kicker 10" comps running off a mtx 300w momo amp but i am looking to replace the speakers with polk 6.5 components in the fronts and polk 6x9's in the back i just want to see what peoples opinions are on the polks because i am also considering the kickers but dont know which way to go i listened to them in the store but its all false sound not what my car would sound like just need some views and ideas thank you
i cant explain it the way it sounds this is my 15 vehicle in 12 years i have a system in and i am struggling with this one to find the right sound but i know the kickers and polks are twice the price of the sonys dont know if that does make any difference i think the components will give me the warmth i want and wont sound to harsh

i cant explain it the way it sounds this is my 15 vehicle in 12 years i have a system in and i am struggling with this one to find the right sound but i know the kickers and polks are twice the price of the sonys dont know if that does make any difference i think the components will give me the warmth i want and wont sound to harsh
you did explain what you dont like and do want.

Bridge that amp and run a set of Rainbow Powerline CMX 265 Kicks (about $330 shipped from an authorized dealer here on the forums) off it at 2x150-200w rms. They'll take the power easily.

Leave the factory rears running of the HU if you really want rear fill. ....or disconnect them altogether to bring your soundstage and imaging forward.

Bridge that amp and run a set of Rainbow Powerline CMX 265 Kicks (about $330 shipped from an authorized dealer here on the forums) off it at 2x150-200w rms. They'll take the power easily.
Leave the factory rears running of the HU if you really want rear fill. ....or disconnect them altogether to bring your soundstage and imaging forward.
agreed 10000000%

I would just get rid of the rears all together for now, if you feel you need them just buy some cheap coaxials to put back there, the factory ones prolly sound rele $hitty and with nice speakers like the Rainbows in front, that might make your system sound like poop

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.