Help with choosing 6.5

Okay so here is where I have found out since the last time I was on there. For depth, If I remove the factory speaker brackets, the depth is 2.025” in the front doors. Without the bracket removed, the depth is 1.9”. If the mounting cup is removed, the depth is increased even more to 2.775”. And the fronts are 6.5. As for my rears they are 5.25.

Since I've been gone for a bit, I've been also recommended Crescendo pwx 6.5, Kenwood excelon kfcx173, Team Tantric Sounds coaxials, CTX65 IMAGE DYNAMICS COAXIAL, Polk Audio db651.

Like I said in my first post I am a newb but trying to learn what I can along the way. With some of the speakers I was suggested, another thing was suggested was getting spacers.

Any input, recommendations, etc..?

Okay so here is where I have found out since the last time I was on there. For depth, If I remove the factory speaker brackets, the depth is 2.025” in the front doors. Without the bracket removed, the depth is 1.9”. If the mounting cup is removed, the depth is increased even more to 2.775”. And the fronts are 6.5. As for my rears they are 5.25.

Since I've been gone for a bit, I've been also recommended Crescendo pwx 6.5, Kenwood excelon kfcx173, Team Tantric Sounds coaxials, CTX65 IMAGE DYNAMICS COAXIAL, Polk Audio db651.

Like I said in my first post I am a newb but trying to learn what I can along the way. With some of the speakers I was suggested, another thing was suggested was getting spacers.

Any input, recommendations, etc..?

What vehicle is this? A Honda Civic?
Yes a 94 honda civic hatchback.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

So, so far I narrowed down my choices based on reviews, peoples input, and my budget to ID ctx65 and polk audio db651.

Any thoughts and inputs?

My bad, I already asked you that earlier in the thread. Since you're looking at coaxials you should also consider CDT HD-6EX.
what would you recommend between the polk db651, id ctx65, and those cdt hd-6ex? Also I was thinking of just powering them off my head unit for a bit before getting an amp to power them.

what would you recommend between the polk db651, id ctx65, and those cdt hd-6ex? Also I was thinking of just powering them off my head unit for a bit before getting an amp to power them.
HD-6EX should sound great all-around, yet the CTX65 speakers look like they would have the best bass. The Polks are entry level while the CDT speakers are mid-level. I believe those are ID's high end coaxials. They're all going to sound different, and I recommend adding an amplifier to any of them.

HD-6EX should sound great all-around, yet the CTX65 speakers look like they would have the best bass. The Polks are entry level while the CDT speakers are mid-level. I believe those are ID's high end coaxials. They're all going to sound different, and I recommend adding an amplifier to any of them.
Yeah I plan to get an amp to power them just not at the moment as I am still getting some car parts for my car so yeah, going to be broke. lol But as of right now I am trying to decided between the ID ctx65 and the speakers you suggested HD-6EX. The IDs are more in my price budget. But if its worth the extra money and wait I dont mind getting the HD-6EX.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.