Help with build!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SteelKiller
10+ year member

Portland
So, let me start by describing my vehicle. 2017 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, you know the one with no room for subs!!! Currently I am running the stock deck, which *****, and recently replaced the fronts with the Kenwood Excelon 6x9 and 3.5" coaxial set they sell. Rear doors have been replaced with Alpine type S 6x9 coaxials. My plan is to bi-amp the front "components" with a kicker key, should be plenty of power for me and leave the rear doors off deck power. Now, on to the sub question!!!! I have the stupid ridge that makes the storage under the seat, not structural at all. I want to remove that and do a custom box with front firing woofers. I have about 12.5" of vertical space under the front of the seat without any seat risers. I am pretty sure I could lift it another 3/4" without much worry. Now, (6)6.5" drivers, (4)8" drivers or maybe (3) 10's? I listen to ALL types of music so I am thinking sealed with plenty of power. Fiberglass with a MDF front and bottom where i can get away with it. Cost isn't a huge factor but I don't want to spend all the savings. BTW, I LOVE deep, loud bass as well as the punchy kick drum!! Asking a ton but this is the place with the knowledge to help me along!! Thanks
Ben

Also, as far as power goes I do have an older MTX421D sitting around. Rated 300x1@2ohms and 420 watts MAX dynamic power. So if I were to hook up 2 subs or more does that mean the 300 watts gets divided by all subs or will each sub get the 300 since it's a mono amp? Its circa 2003 and has been POUNDING my 2-12's in a sealed box since I bought it new. Pretty sure its SUPER underrated. Probably gonna need more power but just a question.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.