Help With Build!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ugs92
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Okay today I took a ride up to HD today so I can start my build on a ported box for my 12" type r. I bought the wood and everything and I got my wood cut there also because i happen to know the guy that works there so the cuts were really good. Anyway im having one promblem, I need help on how to draw a perfect circle for my speaker onto the wood. I have an rotary saw so im all set just stuck on this part. I belive the cut diameter for an type r is 10.9 but can I just make it 11 or thats to big?

thanks

here's how i do mine...i find the center of the space using an X, drive a nail in the middle with a hacksaw blade on the nail. Mark the blade with the right distance and push my sharpie around the arc and voila

DSC01793.JPG

well my first box attempt failed because of home depot..the back part of my box is too long and my port isnt wide enough so ima rebuild one this weekend and have my buddy cut the wood wit his table saw..wasted 3 hours today

I dont know if this effects performance, but my port is supose to be 2.5" wide but its 2 1/4 wide..does this matter and i have to cut a new piece for my back wall for my box..luckly i still have pieces left over. If not ima just rebuild this weekend

well my first box attempt failed because of home depot..the back part of my box is too long and my port isnt wide enough so ima rebuild one this weekend and have my buddy cut the wood wit his table saw..wasted 3 hours today
i guess you didn't know the guy well enough >.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.