Help with box building and aero port.

Participant count
  • Participant list

t-scene
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I wanting to build a box with 2.5 CF after port and woofer displacement. 16H x 22W x 20D with .35 woofer displacement. I want to use one 6 inch aero port that is 18 inches long which should tune the box around 36.80Hz

But can the port be that close to the side of the box. I was going to put it firing out the side to give it a little more room.

The box is for a 12" Mmats Juggernaut

im not a box designer, but i have built alot. using a 18" long port in a 22" wide box will give you 3.25" from end of port to side of box. I would give it atleast 5". You also have to be careful how close you put the output of the port from the side of the trunk or were ever its going. Ive been told to try to keep it around the port dia. away. so you would need 6" or so of dead space between your box and any obstructions. if you add 6" to the width of your box you may have enough air space for an L shaped port firing the same way as your sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.