Help with Battery Power and Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

scoluccio

So I just bought my car and it had an amp and the wiring was f***ed up and i think it destroyed my battery. Anyway when i bought a new amp (that one was burnt out) it was only putting out 300w and when i turned my car on, the battery would read 14.5 to 10ish and back up to 14.5 (occasionally, not every time) Right now i have a 110amp alternator which has been tested and is charging properly and a diehard gold battery, and 8guage wiring.

So little did i know, the sub that was in my car was not the sub i thought it was. It is a JL 10w3v2 D6 and i thought it was a 10w0v1. So im planned on getting another amp. Alpine 500/1 putting out about 400w at 3 ohms. And i'm going to get the alpine f300 and bridge it to two channels and send 150w to each door speaker (only have front speakers)

Right now i have 4guage wire from the battery to amp and ground (same wire there from the last amp) and the new amps only accept 8 guage. So should i just get a distribution block to split the 4 guage into two 8guage to power the amp and then two 8guage to the same ground? I'm not too familiar with the install of two amps so help me out. Also, if you could help me out with the rca wiring and remote that would be appreciated.

And as far as the battery, do you think it is dead and i need a new one? and if so would a diehard Gold be okay to get again? Upgrading the big3 is an option but im not going to do that if i dont have to. I don't know exactly what to do for big three but it seems quite simple.

If you have any suggestions or see anything else i might be missing that would be appreciated

Thanks

Big 3 do it then if the battery keeps dropping get a better one. Distro idea is fine big 3 kits I think someone is selling here for $25 ea that's way cheaper than a battery. Batter should be fine if it's holding the charge of 14.5 with amp off, when batteries start losing voltage at a constant then they are bad. 2 amps mean 2 sets of RCA one because it will be comming out of your sub RCA jacks and the other comming out of your speaker RCA jacks. Remote wire just wire and in the back split it with two wires or put it in one amp then one from that amp to the other or run two from the radio the rem wire isn't expensive.

Thanks, but i'm having a hard time sifting through the classifieds, is there a way to narrow things down? The search didn't help out at all. If you could send me a link that'd be great

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.