Help with amp settings

I just know I got 2 positives and 2 negatives on the sub itself. The manual i got with it gave me a wiring option for a single sub, single amp 2ohm. That's the way i wired it.

Given the info here, that amp is not going to power the R well at all. You have to run it at 4 ohm (series) and at best you'll be giving it 225rms. The amp can't run at 1ohm, so you're stuck man.
Hey you know what man... I'm so sorry for not taking your correct advice. You are absolutely correct. My r is d2 which cant be 2ohm. Only 1ohm. I'll start looking for an amp that can do 1ohm.

Thank you very much and sorry.

Hey you know what man... I'm so sorry for not taking your correct advice. You are absolutely correct. My r is d2 which cant be 2ohm. Only 1ohm. I'll start looking for an amp that can do 1ohm.
Thank you very much and sorry.
Dont let people get to you. If you didnt know well now you do.

Your just learning now. Goodluck and feel free to ask anytime without fear.

NoLoud4u does not understand not everyone is like him.

I was actually given a wrong manual. I can't believe i missed the 2ohm on the vc when i did it.

So i gotta roll 4ohm til i get an amp that can do 1ohm or one that is 4 channel. I feel like an idiot. It's all cause i got a wrong manual. And cause i stupidly missed the 2ohm on my vc. No wonder it didn't sound right. My poor baby.

If you weren't sure what's up, you can simply use a DMM and measure the readings on each voice coil. That way it will tell you precisely where it's at and wouldn't be confused by so many answers from the forum. A DMM (Digital Multi Meter) easily found in Home Depot or Radio Shack and specially Fry's Electronics.

I was actually given a wrong manual. I can't believe i missed the 2ohm on the vc when i did it.
So i gotta roll 4ohm til i get an amp that can do 1ohm or one that is 4 channel. I feel like an idiot. It's all cause i got a wrong manual. And cause i stupidly missed the 2ohm on my vc. No wonder it didn't sound right. My poor baby.
get a small monoblock that is rated for 1 ohm or a decent 2 channel bridgable amp that is stable for 2ohm per channel (most are)

Maybe something like this

AB ph1600

if you go to "the12volt.com" and click on subwoofer wiring then select how many woofers and the impedance it will show you your options for wiring them witch is 4 ohm or 1 ohm unless your sub is dual 4 ohm then it is 8 ohm or 2 ohm. hope this helps.

Wire the sub to 1 ohm and put a Pioneer GM-D8601 on it. I got the amp for $130 and it sounds great. I have it on a 10" Type R and have been beating it for a while and no problems. Sounds good to me and was kinda cheap.

Wire the sub to 1 ohm and put a Pioneer GM-D8601 on it. I got the amp for $130 and it sounds great. I have it on a 10" Type R and have been beating it for a while and no problems. Sounds good to me and was kinda cheap.
I hope your sub isn't in a ported. Those Pioneers don't have subsonic filters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.