Help with Amp remote wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list
This is probably simple however no matter how hard I have searched or asked for an answer, nobody has been able to help me.

I have been told to hook the amp remote wire from my amplifier to the blue and white wire behind my head unit. However, there's already another wire connected to it, which is also blue and white. I'm assuming this might be a stock amplifier but I'm not sure. Either way, how would I attach mine then? I can't just have a 3-way splice going on can I? Do I need to buy some sort of splitter to split the signal from the head unit?

I attached a diagram to show what I'm looking at behind my head unit. I hope that helps show what I'm talking about.

First thing I want to know is it a factory H/U if so don't use that wire it could be for anything... If its aftermarket then yes go for it.... Good one guys for not asking:D!!!!

First thing I want to know is it a factory H/U if so don't use that wire it could be for anything... If its aftermarket then yes go for it.... Good one guys for not asking:D!!!!
Maybe instead of telling him not to use it, it might be better to tell him to check the funtion of the wire with a meter to test it's funtion. This way he can determine if it's safe to use. Rather the H/U is factory or not won't necessarily dictate if the wire is the proper wire to use.

Good one guy for not being more clear.

chances are... he just matched the wires up and isnt even using an internal amp..my car has one..and guess what..no internal amp.. just like 20 other cars ive done. pretty safe to say its fine as long as the wire in question is indeed..the remote wire. if not..tap into a fuse.

It is an aftermarket head unit. A Sony CDX-GT55UIW to be exact. I already looked at the wiring diagram to ensure that the blue and white wire is indeed the amp turn on wire. ANd yes, cars do come with stock amps. My jeep grand cherokee laredo had an infinity gold amp stock for the door speakers. My door speakers now hit pretty hard and I doubt all the power is coming just from the head unit. So there has to be I just haven't found it or really searched for it yet.

But now that I know it won't hurt to do a 3-way splice, I thank those who answered that for me. And I will try that suggestion with a butt connector.

Thanks all I should be good from here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Actually ill stand by my comment thanks. If its aftermarket 90% will use a bluewhite wire in colour, so yeah asking him will dictate if its the correct one. As far as asking him I'd rather him be safe than blow his shit up. And as far as the "Good one guys for not asking!!!!" it was a joke... Maybe you should do more then just troll the forums.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.