Help with Amp in a system

philiw00t

i would like to put a full kicker audio system in my 2004 Mini cooper s 2dr hatchback i would like to put in a set of QS65.2 component in the front and set of KS693 in the back with 2 Kicker Comp-r subs i was wondering if a KX 2400.1 for both subs and a KX800.5 for the front and rear speakers would work well?

P.S. I CAN GET KICKER STUFF FOR CHEAP THAT IS WHY I'M GOING ALL KICKER

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO GO WITH SOMETHING ELSE I JUST WANT TO KNOW IT WILL WORK WELL!!!

P.P.S. theres really nothing wrong with kicker at all what's with the hate...

I think that setup will work great, The only thing that doesn't do it 4 me is the price tag ;-) (I think that's where the "hate" among the masses you speak of comes in to play - lol)

the hate comes from the fact that for the same money i can do a setup that will walk all over it, and for the most part people just love it because it says kicker on it.

dont get me wrong i love some old school kicker equipment, their top line amps are ok, and the solo x was a pretty nasty sub, but other than that they are just selling the name.

and that system will "work" if you do some electrical upgrades, if you dont enjoy installing your new fog machine.

and I'm not just telling you to go with something else for giggles, last summer i spent 3 months talking a friend of mine (that works at bestbuy) out of a all kicker setup that he was stuck on because he could do it cheap, but he just wouldnt listen, until another friend of mine wanted a system, and had pretty much the same budget, by the time i got done with the non kicker setup the guy that worked at bestbuy was about sick because his couldnt even come close to keeping up.

and I'm not just telling you to go with something else for giggles, last summer i spent 3 months talking a friend of mine (that works at bestbuy) out of a all kicker setup that he was stuck on because he could do it cheap, but he just wouldnt listen, until another friend of mine wanted a system, and had pretty much the same budget, by the time i got done with the non kicker setup the guy that worked at bestbuy was about sick because his couldnt even come close to keeping up.
I agree with this ^^ you might be surprised how much farther your money will go these days

by the way how much is your budget? dont answer the question if your not willing to go different brands

x2. why 2400rms on 2 cvr's lol and why a 5 channel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

id rather get the higher zx models

zx10001

zx350.4

those cvr's dont need much more

why not get the cvx's atleast //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I also agree that ANYONE could most definitely build a system that will do more than just "walk all over" this setup for the same price or even cheaper realistically: however that's not what he was asking...

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

x2. why 2400rms on 2 cvr's lol and why a 5 channel //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
id rather get the higher zx models

zx10001

zx350.4

those cvr's dont need much more

why not get the cvx's atleast //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The comp r's are 1200 rms subs ;-) - 15" / 12" = 800 rms

0h yeah planning on upgrading all internal wires with 0 gauge and i have a 110 alternator already not sure on conversions but i think that should be fine

also is it really just the price on kicker stuff because from what i can find $1500 isnt getting me much...

dual voice coil comp r at 2 ohms but im not sure on it anymore was wondering what kind of upgrade i could get from else where
What size though - Diff sized Comp r's handle different wattages? & $1,500 budget will get you a lot more than you realize... ;-)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.