Help with Amp in a system

so if i was to get 2 would a i still use 1 amp cuz then it would be 1200 each right? or would it just do 1? im not sure on how it all works together but i thought it would be good to have extra for "peak" thats what some cites said...

so if i was to get 2 would a i still use 1 amp cuz then it would be 1200 each right? or would it just do 1? im not sure on how it all works together but i thought it would be good to have extra for "peak" thats what some cites said...
Do NOT get a bigger amp than those kicker subs are rated for rms - unless you like expensive smoke shows (They will FRY overpowered) - That amp is TOO MUCH... You need an amp that puts out 1600 rms @ 2 ohms, NOT 2400

so if i was to stick with kicker for the time being the KX1600.1 would be a better option...

if i was to scrapp kicker all together what kind of setup could i get for about 1000 for the speakers and subs i want to save 500 for full dynamat install custom box and install from installers i know so i dont screw it up.

yeah thats the plan but I was planning on upgrading the 6.5in front speakers and the 6x9 rear speakers as well i dont know if that is really possible though as the budget makes it less and less quality overall and the reason i was going with kicker anyway but i dont know what is good or bad in car audio i dont want to just be loud... i would rather just feel the bass and have all the highs mids and lows with excellent quality which is why i thought about upgrading all of the audio in my car. Im not listening super loud music so the quality is much more important to me than the volume.

You will like the way sundown subs sound over the kickers with the proper enclosures any day of the week, I can guarantee you that much ;-) I would try to get out there to some different shops or shows and listen to some systems first hand and see what you like the best, I can tell you "what's good and proven" along with many others around here, but it all boils down to what YOU LIKE in the end... GL to you with your system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

or since its a mini coop, i would almost just do a single 15", and put it in the right enclosure and i bet you would be surpised. if it where me i would get 1 soundqubed hdc3 15 copper coil D2 Subwoofer, with with a good 2000rms amp @ 1ohm, put it the right box step back and admire it. i really miss when people would ask me if i had 2, 3, or 4 12s or 15s and im like, nah 1 18" lol... thats why im about to switch back to 1 sub. trust me in that hatch back, 1 hdc3 15 would get down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.