Help Wit Hu Selection..........

Participant count
  • Participant list

937DYTBOI
5,000+ posts

TL>you
Dayton,Ohio
Had another thread but i thinks its pretty much dead. Ok ive already asked about the Eclipse 8455 and got great reviews from people that had use wit it. So far thats my #1 candidate. But did some searching and stumbled across the Clarion DXZ955MC and the new 25th anniversary Kenwood Excelon XXV-01D, let me know how these two caompare to the eclipse with sq? Second question is what is the best signal to noise ratio you want to have?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

The Excelon Line up is the ****

I have the 789 in my car,and an 889 on the way to replace my Alpine 9833.........

The Kenwood 25th anniversary addition is nice too but more money than the 889

has a fancier screen,a little more difficult to work and is missing an EQ feature(I forget exactly)

I find these HU's to be the most bang for the buck,way better than my old Pioneer Preemeir

and on par with the Alpine's but more user friendly

hopefully i can go to a local spot that i believe has two of the head units im interested in a deciffer from there, im not sure if they carry the kenwood line though

i got the xxv-01d installed last week. so far I really like it. it sounds great. and it does have a built in equalizer. the diplay is great, especially the text only version when playing mp3's. it gives all the data that I wanted and liked the alpine 9855 for. the only drawback I have so far is the clock. it is rather small but I have not played with all the functions so I don't know for sure if I can adjust it. it is a very clean looking deck, with no preset buttons on the face. the performance is probably a little better than the alpine lines I listened to from this year, and maybe just under the eclipse. It has 5v preouts as opposed to 8v for the eclipse and 4v from the alpine. I took a LONG time to pick out my HU and I am happy with my choice. it does everything that I want it to do, AND IT DOESN"T HAVE A **** GLIDE BAR!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif And the eclipse line may sound a little better, maybe, but man they are pretty ugly for that kind of money. You can get the XXV-01d online at http://www.etronics.com for 399.99.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.