Help Wiring a Xtrons TD718A to a 2003 GMC Yukon SLT

Participant count
  • Participant list

zmann96

Hello,

I have a 2003 GMC Yukon SLT with a Delphi 15198701 stereo. I want to install an aftermarket stereo. I have all the plug that will fit into the truck female receptacle. I have hooked up the speaker wires and the power both access. and constant battery. There is another plug with 12 pins but only two are used. I cannot find out what those are for the truck wires are pink/black and orange/black. I have constant hot to big orange wire but no other pin has power when ignition is on. will I have to find for access a wire from ignition ? I noticed in my searches that there is a black box that the plug and play use, do I need that or can I just connect the wires from plug the plug. I've included a photo of what I've done I haven't soldered anything yet. There are a few wires I won't use like phone, power antenna etc. thanks

View attachment 26555787

Should be able to plug and play. You may have a factory amp hidden inside the vehicle somewhere, as mine does, older model but still took me awhile to find and remove the harnness from it, splice the necessary wires to the speakers to run to the amp.

There was a separate cd player below my HU radio that had a separate wire harnness. Just left it alone. It's not plugged into anything after I installed the Alpine 9835.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.