Help wire from battery getting VERY hot.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rangerboats

La.
I have the big 3 done on my sons truck with a regular lead battery up front. I have 0 Ga Knu wire ran from that battery to a Northstar AGM battery in the back, from that battery I have 0-Ga ran to a inline fuse holder and from that fuse holder to the amp I have 4-Ga wire because the amp has a 4-Ga input and at the time I didnt have any off set 0-Ga to 4-Ga blocks for the Amp. The 4-Ga Wire is Getting VERY hot.  like close to burning hot What do I need to do to fix the problem? Get 0-Ga to 4-Ga converters and run 0-Ga all the way or is the battery not ran right? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, to your last statement/question. It's getting hot almost melting because of the amount of current going thru the wire. Or a lose connection somewhere, just a thought. What's the audio consist of?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.