HELP! Wanting to do a first install.

I am wanting to do a install in a trunk. I have right at 2.95 cuft for airspace not incuding sub displacement. Roughly 2.75. I have 37" wide 13" tall and 14" deep. I have a $500 budget I want to stick to for sub/s, Amp, Box material, RCA's and wiring.

Im thinking two 12's sealed or 1 12's ported. I want to keep all stock electrical. I want a very good sounding system for the money doesnt need to be crazy loud but if so thats a plus. Maybe thinking 2 10's?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks

I was really impressed with the Sundown SA 12 rated at 600 watts $200 but does great on 1000watts they are all great bang for your buck and they get loud and sound good. The RE Audio amp I listed is around $170 and does about 1200 watts @ 1 ohm which would be perfect for the SA12 D2. That leaves about $130 for box and amp wiring and you may need a line out converter if you do not have a aftermarket headunit. You could find someone locally that could build a good ported box to the subs specs and then get a decent 4 gauge amp kit and that would bring you to around $500 or so. I could build you a box to spec for cost around $50-$60 plus shipping. It would be carpeted with the edges routered slot ported etc. PM me if you are interested.

WoofersEtc.com - SA-12 D2 - Sundown Audio 12" 600W Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer

RE Audio CTX-3200.1 (CTX32001) Monoblock Full Digital Amplifier

I just installed a decent system in my Titan.

Here's the specs:
(new) 2 Sa-10 D4 - $350
(used) 1 DC 1.2K - $200
(new) 1/0 wiring w/ RCA's- $45
(new) dual ported box - FREE

Look for used equipment and you can definitely find some good equipment. @mylows10 can hook you up with wiring and look through the classifieds here. My setup is extremely loud and tight sounding. You will not be disappointed with sundown subwoofers.

I am wanting to do a install in a trunk. I have right at 2.95 cuft for airspace not incuding sub displacement. Roughly 2.75. I have 37" wide 13" tall and 14" deep. I have a $500 budget I want to stick to for sub/s, Amp, Box material, RCA's and wiring.
Im thinking two 12's sealed or 1 12's ported.

Thanks
$500 was my original budget.. I ended up breaking it by about $300-$4oo in parts..and did what would have been a 2500-3500 install (if parts included) for under a solid $900.

You've already been given great recommnedation for the sub.. You won't go wrong with Sundown..

But have you given thought to to perhaps going with a single sub.. (which will need less amp).. and using part of that money on new pair of front speakers as well?

I know people want their bass.. But you will really be much happier with some aftermarket mid range front components for $99-$150ish. It's not that much money to be honest.

I'd take a set of good aftermarket front components and a single sub over 2 subs with factory mids/highs every single day of the week!

As for sealed vs. ported. Well, you are highly limited on the size you have to work with -- Thus I would say go sealed for sure. I'm sure one of the Sundown vnedors can help you with box schematics or just ideas/advice that match with particular subs that are designed to work with X amount of space.

IE: I run a JL 10" sub in my car with a Custom SEALED box that is .66 Cubic Ft. .. And I picked the sub because it was cheap ($100) -- and was rated to work optimally at .65 Cu Ft.. so the box I used was fairly perfect for the sub.

Anything you amp is going to be "Crazy" loud -- it's just the nature of even the LOWER amped midrange speakers/amps. The good news,.. we all have volume controls -- So how loud it is , is directly dictated by you -- It is always , generally, better to have a ton of room going UP in volume without clipping than the opposite. Headroom is your friend.. which is why Amps with more rated power than is needed for the speakers is always a great idea due to the headroom that will be left in the amp.

Be sure to post your pictures of whatever you do (even if just a box) here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.