HELP- Want to understand why I should/shouldn't use the sub pre outs on my HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mgeldert

I'm going to be installing some old equipment from a past car into my current car.

In my old car, I had an Alpine HU, a USX4085 4 channel amp for the front/back speakers, and a JBL 600.1 mono for a single Infinity 12" Sub.

In my current ride, I purchased a new pioneer FHP8000BT HU.

In the OLD setup, I ran the front/back pre outs from the HU to the 4 channel, then from that 4 channel amp, I ran a set of RCAs from the output of that 4 channel to the mono amp in. (low pass filter I think).

In the old setup it all worked out great.

Now that I'm setting this up in the currrent car, I'm wondering WHY I can't use the SUB outputs from the HU to the mono amp directly, instead of using the output of the 4 channel with the low pass filter.

Anyone know if there are pros/cons to either method?

THANKS ALL!

Thanks, I checked my old Alpine and found it only had 2 pair of pre outs. I'm thinking that's why i had it set up through the 4 channel before.

Thanks again for the info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.