Help volume turning down

Participant count
  • Participant list

1badshovel

Hello everybody I'm a newbie here I need help I have not had this happen before I have 1990 4runner pioneer deck equalizer and a 800 watt amp now the problem is it sound awesome with car off even at idal sounds great but as soon as I rev the engine the volume turns lower return to just idal sound good no whine just when I give it gas checked grounds all to chassis tried new RCA cables moved hot wire to amp and battery to a other side of battery post no change I'm completely stump anybody with ideas would appreciate thanks

I will get the model but I'm running rcas the only wiring is power, remote to amp and ground now I wonder if my rcas are the problem I ran them on driver side up and over brake pedal to head unit now I noticed when I put the signal on you here the ticking through the speakers and when you press the brake pedal I get a tick also volt meter on dash moves with the ticking of the signal

^^ that shouldn't be happening. so your headunit must have the accessories wire/remote wire/constant pwr/ground connected? does the deck remember radio stations each time you turn it off/on?

Ok so I went ahead an tried a bran new ken wood right out of the box I pulled the rcas out of the dash and ran them on the floor the dam thing still did it so hdu crossed out this has me puzzled I noticed when I press the gas pedal the volt meter on my dash goes up and the volume goes down no bass when this happens then slowly climbs back up as long as I don't press the gas

it has to be something todo with the wiring bud.... maybe try take the unit out of the dash and wire it up directly to the battery, then run your rca's outside the car to the amp.....

also check your gas pedal hasn't cut/squashed your rcas

Thanks for the help as far as a weird ground I don't know it's a 90 4runner and I used a plug in harness checked it several times rcas are fine I've installed several stereos and never had this happen I will back track all the speaker wires and rcas to the back maybe there's a cut some were

pics of adapter plug (these **** bigtime) have seen a lot of these fail and the pins fall out inside the plug. worth checking your wiring again, google your make and model car radio wiring diagram and it should come up with what colour cable does what in your dash. double check everything.

even run a new wire directly from the deck ground cable to the earth on your batt. have you ever had another deck installed into this car with amps?.

sorry I cant be much help bud, we don't get 4 runners here in aus

no worries bud, also make sure your rca's and pwr/earth cable are run apart from each other (eg rca's on left side of car, pwr on right side of car)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.