Help upgrading my electric with an Orion 275G4 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

mysilver02alty
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
I bought an Orion 275G4 amplifier. I also have a Zapco 360.4 amplifier. I expect to have some light dimming but i just want to make sure i dont damage anything.

I have done the big 3 upgrade with 1/0 already.

Im not sure how much longer i will keep the car so i wont be getting a HO alternator since i will never be able to recoup any of the money spent on it. Plus, the best price ive seen on a HO alt for my car is 440.00 for a 170 amp alternator and thats just not reasonable. I would rather spend the money on things i can take out of the car later on like batteries, wiring or a capacitor even though everyone hates them.

What combination of extra batteries/better wiring/capacitors would help me not destroy my car. I do not play my systems loud for hours on end. I might only play it 2 or 3 hours per week and never at high volumes while my car is at idle. Also things like what size wiring i should have coming in and out of the amp would be helpful.

very dependant how its wired. iirc that orion amp when loaded down can draw some serious power (being that its a/b)
x2

You can try and get a quote for a alt from nate at excessive amperage

Should be alot cheaper then the price you said.

on a factory alt i wouldnt want to say add any more than 1 group 31 kinetik, or whatever else that is out there iirc that 1 amp can do close too 2kw of power bridged venture to say it by itself can draw well over 200 amps 20-30% less effiecently than a class D. then it depends on your listening style. how often will it be cranked up where it outdraws the alt. just alot of if's and or but's can also add one under the hood but like i said lol alot of if's

on a factory alt i wouldnt want to say add any more than 1 group 31 kinetik, or whatever else that is out there iirc that 1 amp can do close too 2kw of power bridged venture to say it by itself can draw well over 200 amps 20-30% less effiecently than a class D. then it depends on your listening style. how often will it be cranked up where it outdraws the alt. just alot of if's and or but's can also add one under the hood but like i said lol alot of if's

Not sure what you mean by group 31 battery. I saw this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Group-31-Sealed-AGM-Gel-Marine-RV-Battery-12v-122ah_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31284QQihZ002QQitemZ4653541627QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Also, theres some batteries on this link.

http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?follow-pro=1&vwcatalog=millionbuy&catalog=millionbuy&query=kinetik&image.x=0&image.y=0&foo=Shop%20by%20Brands

Which would you recommend?? And also, what would be an upgrade from my stock battery?

As far as how often i will crank it up. I might play the system 35 minutes per day. And only crank it up full blast 10 minutes per day and very rarely @ full blast at idle, i knew better than to do that even with my old 225hcca.

group 31 is case size and that is dependant on your car. i wouldnt do gel cells as they burst REALLY sucky (at least most of them do a true gel cell) stick to agm which is what about 1/2 of the time gets incorrectly called a gel cell

group 31 is case size and that is dependant on your car. i wouldnt do gel cells as they burst REALLY sucky (at least most of them do a true gel cell) stick to agm which is what about 1/2 of the time gets incorrectly called a gel cell
Of those kinetik batteries on the link. What size should i be looking at? the 1400, the 1800? Under the hood, in the trunk? I was kind of confused as to which you were talking about.

under the hood is whatever fitsHC1400 Group 22

HC1800 Group 24

HC2000 Group 27

HC2400 Group 31

with a 2400 in back

You're the man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/patriotic.gif.b47a6e0394a3738334c387bdf79409f4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.