[Help] Upgrading from stock to a better system. '15 Corolla

xFury

LV, NV
Hey everyone, I am ready to do a system speaker upgrade. I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla w/Entune. Currently have a LOC (Rockford) hook on with my base. What does the community recommend? Would like to keep the head unit if possible. Also, do I need a small amp for it? And what would be better, Component or Coaxial? 2-Way, 3-way, 4-way etc?

Have 6 speakers (2 Front, 2 rear, 2 Tweeter)

Size (Not 100% sure): Front 6.5, Rear 6x9, Tweeter 1" (?)

Music Genre:

Hip-Hop

Rap

Trap

Budget: $150 +/- (Does not include Amp, if needed).

Thanks!

An amp is always recommended. For decent front and rears all you will be able to get with $150 is coaxials. Do you know what size your car needs? Mounting depths?

Thank you for replying. Most definitely, will go with a amp. From what I researched, the front is 6.5 and the rear is 6x9, and tweets are about 1. Not sure about mounting depths tho.

Really depends on if your gonna keep the stock deck or not if yes then a integration dsp is what you really want. But they aren't cheap either you could go with a audiocontrol eq6 for a lower priced option tho then amps and. Components up front and coaxes in rear

Hey everyone, I am ready to do a system speaker upgrade. I have a 2015 Toyota Corolla w/Entune. Currently have a LOC (Rockford) hook on with my base. What does the community recommend? Would like to keep the head unit if possible. Also, do I need a small amp for it? And what would be better, Component or Coaxial? 2-Way, 3-way, 4-way etc?

Music Genre:

Hip-Hop

Rap

Trap

Thanks!
This would probably be your best best, though a bit over budget:

CDT Audio COM-626CR

If you listen to trap without a sub, you've heard nothing yet!

Music Genre:

Hip-Hop

Rap

Trap

Thanks!
Swaping out your speakers to cheap speakers will make the sound quality a lot worse man. A LOT worse unless you have a proper Sound quality processing head unit along with amp and door treatments. Stock speakers are made to work with your stock head unit and they are put in proper acoustical baffle forms to work well with your doors. So unless you completely know what the heck you are doing (baffle, deadening and processing which costs waaay more than 150), a simple cheap speaker swap will just make things worse.

I'd advise you to save up for a DSP like a JBL MS-8 which has powerful processing and imaging technology along with an internal 8 channel amp that can drive your stock speakers a lot better(you'd be surprised what stock speakers can do with real power, stock head units give at most 6 actual watts a speaker)

It'll make the biggest difference in sound quality and you get to keep your stock head unit and all its functionalities and put it on any of your other cars just incase you sell this car.

a simple cheap speaker swap will just make things worse.
I'd advise you to save up for a DSP like a JBL MS-8 which has powerful processing and imaging technology along with an internal 8 channel amp that can drive your stock speakers a lot better

It'll make the biggest difference in sound quality
Follow this advice, you'll be VERY happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.