Help Upgrading Car Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charlie27

Hi i am new to this forum.

i'm mervin and i will like some assistance in choose a nice little setup to upgrade my car audio. could you kindly help.

here are the details

Type of Music i listen most:

Trance, Progressive

Current Setup:

After Market HU (PIONEER AVH-X7550BT)

2 way speakers in front doors (SONY)

4 way speakers in rear doors (SONY)

help me upgrade

Setup 1:

Upgrade to a 4 channel amp (pioneer or JBL) to power the speakers or

remove the 4 way speakers and add 3 way (Pioneer Champion Series) or 5 way oval speakers (Pioneer) on the rear deck.

Setup 2:

Component Speakers in front doors (Pioneer A / D Series or Infinity / Alpine Components)

Subwoofer (Pioneer)

4 Channel Amplifier (Pioneer or JBL) to amp the component speakers and 1 subwoofer

Setup 3:

Same as setup 2 + rear fill

should i add rear fill? if yes, which type of speakers and where should i put them? rear deck or rear doors? if no, fair enough.

my car is a hatchback. i will very much like to have your opinions on the above setups. thanks

thanks for your kind help.

honestly to me pioneer speakers sound like crap. they are vieled and twangy. For around the same money I'd look at a pair of alpine type s speakers. Everything depends on what you are trying to do. Do you want lots of bass, or clean clear sound?

honestly to me pioneer speakers sound like crap. they are vieled and twangy. For around the same money I'd look at a pair of alpine type s speakers. Everything depends on what you are trying to do. Do you want lots of bass, or clean clear sound?
hi thanks for your reply. alpine type s speakers. ok thanks i will look into and price is almost identical then i will surely consider it.

i want normal bass i don't like too much bass but clarity is important cuz i like when the sound is clean and clear.

but most importantly which setup do you recommend on the ones i have mentioned above? thanks.

setup 2 sounds ok for me and its within my budget. but i will like to know if throwing the speakers will distort the sound or will it make it better?

thanks

stick with pioneer head units leave their speakers and subs alone for the most part, all junky imho. What would help is a budget.
i have a limited budget, this is why i have narrowed it down to those setups i have mentioned above.

after choosing the setup, then i will discuss about the speakers subs and amps that i will like to have. thanls

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.