Help - System Won't Work

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bologna
10+ year member

Ad ministrator
USA
Ok I just got a new Jeep Cherokee, for some reason when I installed my sub won't play normal. All the speakers play music but the sub doesn't hit hard at all. The only way you can tell it's playing is by touching it.

I have the headunit(Sony Xplod GT510) wired up correctly I believe, it's a brand new headunit so there shouldn't be a problem with it. I have the headunit's Amp Rem wire with the remote wire coming from the amp.

I have a good solid ground on my amp and the power wire works. I have good 12ga wires going to my sub, which work.I am running 4 channel RCAs but only have 2 (RR, RL) plugged into the headunit. They are plugged into the rear rca ports. Then they are plugged into the amp's input ports.

The amp turns on (it has an lcd screen which shows voltage, etc..)(Crunch GP1600.1). The amp doesn't go into protection mode.

I know the sub works because I had it hooked up to my tv 30 seconds before I installed it into my Jeep.

I have no option to turn my sub on in my headunit. The manual says there is an option but it isn't on the headunit.

The RCAs on the back of my headunit read .3 so the RCAs should be good.

Why does the sub play extremely quiet to the point of me not being able to hear it?

What am I forgetting or what is wrong?

Thanks,

Bologna

Last edited by a moderator:
The sub now "works", I have no idea what idea what I did though. But you can't even hear the sub. The only way I know it's working is because if I put my hand on it, it vibrates up and down.

So I still need a solution. Anyone have any ideas? Why does the sub play extremely quiet to the point of me not being able to hear it?

where are your HPf/Lpf filters at on the amp. and some headunits you need to turn the sub output on or itll just be used as a rear output on only play+80hz freq or w.e. your hus hpf is

where are your HPf/Lpf filters at on the amp. and some headunits you need to turn the sub output on or itll just be used as a rear output on only play+80hz freq or w.e. your hus hpf is
lpf is about 90. My headunit has no option to turn it on or off.

hmmm....4 channel amp, or u are just using 4channel rcas?
mono amp, jsut 4 channel RCAs

Your rca outputs are in rear im 90 percent sure. your HU has selectable rear/subwoofer outputs. you have to put the radio into standby and then go into the menu. sony wont let you acces some features dealing with how the internal amp performs whilst playing music

Your rca outputs are in rear im 90 percent sure. your HU has selectable rear/subwoofer outputs. you have to put the radio into standby and then go into the menu. sony wont let you acces some features dealing with how the internal amp performs whilst playing music
How do i put it into stand by mode?

its been a while since ive had my sony. try cycling through the sources or simply press the power button dont remember qhich one it is. after that hold the select button and youll have different options go into sub/rear and make sure sub out is selected

its been a while since ive had my sony. try cycling through the sources or simply press the power button dont remember qhich one it is. after that hold the select button and youll have different options go into sub/rear and make sure sub out is selected
I tried doing that as soon as I turned it on and there was no subout optiion.

In the manual it says there is a sub-out option but it wasn't available to me fro some reason...

If i do find the option, would I want sub-out or the rear-out I think it is?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.