HELP! System discriminates music type!

pilsburypie
10+ year member

I have a big problem and need some ideas on rectifying it.......

My system (see signature) which has been recently installed has a strange problem where by it seems to turn the volume down itself mid track listening to rock music. I can happily play rap, hip hop, bass tunes consistently from nice and quiet to ear bleedingly loud and they stay at whatever volume level I set them at, but as soon as some Greenday or G'n'R comes on my CD player, the sound level can noticabely decrease midtrack usually when the guitars kick in....... the system doesn't have to be loud for this to happen. I have tried the CD on my home stereo and the volume level is uniform throughout the track, only my car system seems not to like it. This is most annoying as I want to play a range of music on my system and expect it to cope.... Hell, it cost more than my hifi in my lounge which works a treat!

Help!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

(VW Passat, original HU, 2x 12" Impulse subs in factory bandpass box pushed by Impluse SD1400w monoblock amp, front components pushed by Sony Xplod 222w amp + Precision Power PAR245 signal processor)

its probably the factory headunit, when it hits some screaming guitars it adjusts the volume down as not to harm the itself or the factory speakers (if you were using them) An aftermarket cd player may fix your problem

Thanks for the replies, but before I installed all the equipment the HU and speakers played exactly the same offending tracks normally without the drop in levels even if it was pretty loud. Also I would have thought that the screaming guitars are less of risk than some of the ludicrous bass that gets blasted through - the levels are all approximately the same on the CD anyway........ I was trying hard not to get an aftermarket HU as I wanted to keep the standard look of the car.

The second point about voltage drop I also considered, but again, the 1400w amp doesn't really do a huge amount on the rock tracks....... on the other hand when some Miami Bass booms through and must use a hell of a lot of power, all is fine....

the stock hu doesn't have the 'feature' that adjusts volume based on speed does it? My parents have a car radio that reduces volume as you slow down.

Na, the speed adjustment thing isn't it....... The more I think about it the more I think it could be a power issue..... it tends to happen about 20 mins into my journey, when it does happen it gets worse...... yesterday it happened on a rap track! I turn the volume up and in a few seconds that level decreases......

What could I do to sort it? New powerful battery? Extra battery? powercap? big 3?

how is your alternator?

is it one of your channels on your component amp cutting out causing the decrease in volume?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

how is your alternator?is it one of your channels on your component amp cutting out causing the decrease in volume?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
My alternator is OK - I have been told that as my car is the deisel version it has a more beefy alternator than the petrol version.....

It isn't the component speaker volume that decreases alone, it is the whole lot including the sub....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.