Help!!! Subwoofer/Amplifier upgrade on 13 E350 woofer clipping issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

liljaden

I decided to add a little bass to my car so I installed an Alpine SWR 1043D w/JL AUDIO

500/1 wired to 2ohms. It's a very simple install so at least I thought. I was able to find a low

Level input wire before the stock HK amp and tapped into that for amp signal. Everything powered up and sub/amp was working then it happened. The woofer clips or shuts off everytime a nice deep bass kicks in. I have the amp gain all the way down and LPF at around 85 hz and the stock HU Bass to -10. The woofer works u til a nice bass kicks out the it shuts off and would go back on when the lower the volume. I tried tuning the JL Audio amp but can't seem to get the required voltage and the clipping clipping continues with the HU volume at less than half way mark. Today I replaced the JL Audio amp with an Alpine mrp m500, double check my wiring: power, ground and etc and my amp gain just above min and the sub is still shutting off. Any suggestions other than a match and Lighter fluid. Anyone else experience this BS? Thanks in advance guys

What was the low level input wire you tapped into? If it was a speaker wire, that's a high level input, and is exactly why your amp is doing that, because it's assuming the voltage you are putting in is much less than it's getting.

I tapped into these two low level input wires from the amp. I had

the same set up with my 2010 and the only difference is on the '13 the battery is

In the front. It seems like I'm not getting enough power because the subwoofer

Only goes off when a hard bass hits the once I lower the volume it

Goes back on. I'm going to try a cap and if that doesn't work the ill go with

The LOC thru the speaker cable. Thanks for the input guys Merry Christmas

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.