HELP! Subs Barely Moving

jschultz

Running a Rockville RXD-M4 6000watt peak(3000rms) Mono block am to two 12" Power Acoustik Mofos(2500watt peak, 1300rms). Just put the Rockville in today.

Now I know the subs aren't the problem as I had my old amp running with them. The issue I am having is that this 6,000w Amp is making the subs barely move, just enough to know that the subs are moving. When I crank the gain, and bass boost they move a little more but my capacitor drops to 8 and the power cuts in and out. SO I tried it with out the cap and had dimming but the subs werent moving anywhere near what the wattage is at. I have checked the wiring so many times and tried everything I can think of, at this point I am wondering if its just a bad amp.

Please let me know anything that can help solve this issue.

8 volts? Man you might have a bad battery. Ditch that cap.

How's your electrical? I'm betting the big 3 isn't done since you say you got lights dimming.

Bass boost on the amp needs to be at "0"....and left alone. Reason being is because that's how you can clip your subs, heat/clipping leads to shortened speaker life.

Takes power to make power. Sounds like you dont have anything upgraded electrical wise. No a capacitor is not an upgrade, its just garbage. You dont expect to magically make 2000+ watts out of no where do you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.