HELP! Simple question about TUNING freq

Participant count
  • Participant list

PENER
10+ year member

Fl
I've got 05 type R 12 DVC 4ohm coming in soon. I'm planning on putting it in a ported enclosure (around 2-2.5ft^3) wired to 2ohm load and pushed by V12 mrd-605 (guess around 550W at 13.8volt)

the sub is playing DIRECTLY into my sedan's cabin through a cutout in the plate behind the rear seats. port will have to face the trunk though (up the deck or back of the trunk-which way???)

anyway, I will be biulding an enclosure for it, however I don't really understand the difference between low and high tuning.

I know I can look up different set ups at WinSD and YES I KNOW THERE ARE TO MANY VARIABLES to easly answer the folowing question but what's the difference in sound.

from my initial observations of WinSD looks like the higher the tuning freq the lounder it plays everything below it.

let me just lay it this way. I do look for good sound quality, but it's not my top priority. I just LOVE when I hear (different cars of course) that super LOW THUMP that almost takes your breath away. I don't want a booming system that will cause the rattling of everything around, I just love the looow THUMP like that of a bass drums, but not boom.

PLEASE!!! I know you can help me guys

thanks

thanks for the input so far.

is, say 32hz considered low tuning or what? what would mean tuning it to let's say 25Hz?

the sub will be playing DIRECTLY into my sedan's cabin through a cutout in the plate behind the rear seats. port will have to face the trunk though (up the deck or back of the trunk-which way???)
does facing the port in different direction than the woofer cause adverse effects?

usually you want the port and the sub facing in the same direction. There are some exception to this like crx style boxes, and others. 25hz is a really low tuning. For daily driving you probably wouldn't want to do too much lower than 30hz.

25hz is a really low tuning. For daily driving you probably wouldn't want to do too much lower than 30hz.
could you try describe what would be the difference in sound? I'm trying to understand all this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.