help re se 10 or 12w7

duramaxer

i currently have a 12w7 im getting a custom box done on my silverado but the audio store said i should get rid of the jl and 3 re se 10 what do you guys think get another 12w7 or go with the 3 re s i like deep spl bass oh and theyre gonna be running off a jl 1000/1 mono v1

Biased JL user/owner. If you can three 10's for the price of the one 12 then sure. I have seen/heard plenty of two 12w7 setups and they get loud. I say get the other 12 since you already have one (if you get a decent price).

not if he feed the w7s the appropriate wattage.. and he wants two not just the one
Well, two W7s would be a pretty even match for three SEs. W7s have the advantage of slightly more power handling, but the SEs can probably handle more than the rated 600W omitting that, and the SEs have more cone area.

But if he sold the W7 he would have enough money to buy two or maybe three SEs, so...

so as of now im leaning towards the re se 10 .................. but the only question is will they have more spl what im trying to say is will the shake it up abit more than the jl w7

f jl there maintenance cost are through the roof even just to change the surround they charge you for a full recone even if it doesnt need it. Re all day

Are you guys serious?? 3 Low-line subs (RE SE 10's) vs. 2 Super subs... and you would pick the 3 10's?.. Have you ever heard the W7's?(Even if you hate JL if you have heard them in a proper setup you have to give them props) I have owned both.. and #1 huge SQ advantage to the W7s... and cone surface is pretty close.. but .. displacement is MUCH larger on the W7s+ much stronger motor (higher BL).. the 2 W7s would eat 3 SE's for lunch... and yes 1 JL 1000 will power 2W7s.. had that for a while.. plus in the future if ya want it louder.. get a 2nd JL 1000.1:)..... you'll make a pretty big mistake if you ditch the W7 to go with the SE's(which are great BUDGET subs.. but in no way compare to W7s)... PM if you have Questions about what I've said... I'm always here to help!

Ryan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.