Help/questions about a t-line enclosure for a 12"

Participant count
  • Participant list

evers
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Been reading about these type of enclosures and sounds like something i'do like to try out. I have plenty of tools and have built a few ported enclosures. Before I begin however I'd like to be better informed and educated on the in and outs of this type of enclosure so I have a few questions. The vehicle is a 2016 Honda Civic 4 door so I have plenty of space in the trunk.

First off I know I'll need to purchase a design from someone on the forum so I'm wondering how much those go for?!?

Subwoofer is a 12" dual 4ohm, 350 watts rms, DC resistance 1.75/7.0, resonant frequency 22hz, electrical "Q" .317, mechanical "Q" 4.35, total "Q" .317, Equivalent Volume 4.41, One Way Linear 16mm, Cone Area 530 cm2, 89db

ANY rough estimate of the size (in inches) the box will be just to be sure it'll actually fit lol. How will this type of enclosure sound with the rear seats down and sub firing into the cabin or is that not a good idea? That's all I can think of for now, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Been reading about these type of enclosures and sounds like something i'do like to try out. I have plenty of tools and have built a few ported enclosures. Before I begin however I'd like to be better informed and educated on the in and outs of this type of enclosure so I have a few questions. The vehicle is a 2016 Honda Civic 4 door so I have plenty of space in the trunk.
First off I know I'll need to purchase a design from someone on the forum so I'm wondering how much those go for?!?

Subwoofer is a 12" dual 4ohm, 350 watts rms, DC resistance 1.75/7.0, resonant frequency 22hz, electrical "Q" .317, mechanical "Q" 4.35, total "Q" .317, Equivalent Volume 4.41, One Way Linear 16mm, Cone Area 530 cm2, 89db

ANY rough estimate of the size (in inches) the box will be just to be sure it'll actually fit lol. How will this type of enclosure sound with the rear seats down and sub firing into the cabin or is that not a good idea? That's all I can think of for now, any info will be greatly appreciated.
88.25 sqin of port area (100%) and 154" port length for 22hz. This will be a very large enclosure. Need to know your absolute max dimensions.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Daaang, sounds like a huge enclosure, imma have to really measure my space before I go on. Might just go ported if a fails :-(

You're not far from me either. The wife works over there in YL.
Just checked out your IG, awesome work for sure! I think I'm going with a ported enclosure and if I ever come up with a nice 10" I'll look into a t line enclosure for sure

22Hz? Why tuning so low?? As far as I'm concerned, Home Theatres are tuned that low if not lower.

What's the subs brand? Perhaps mr stang can give ya some ideas.

22Hz? Why tuning so low?? As far as I'm concerned, Home Theatres are tuned that low if not lower.
What's the subs brand? Perhaps mr stang can give ya some ideas.
Its the FS of the subwoofer, generally want to tune around that the FS of the subwoofer with T lines. Not too practical in this case unless its for a home theater build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.