FI SP4 15 Enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Ok, so im looking get some good ideas for enclosure for my Sp4 15. This will be a sub up port back build(suv or hatchback depending on which vehicle i get, more and likely a PT Crusier). for now will it will be run on about 2500 rms but will be upgrading power to around 4k(electrical is not a issue, so no need to ask about it).

From what im ready im seeing alot of people saying 3.75 - 4 cubes net and aim for 16 Sq-inches of port per cube and tune 32-34. i want to it play lows good of course but want it to meter decent if i compete the occasional comp. For the AB Hd15 i have now, its tuned around 35 and plays lows pretty well. So i assume the sp4 would play better lows in the same box seeing its a "low end monster" as people call it. I really dont want to tune to 32hz, i was thinking to keep it along the lines of 35-36hz like i am now though its only 3-4hz difference.The SP4 should still should dig lower than what i had. The HD15 played down to 28hz surprisingly good(ALA Dj Slick-Ricks music Zips).

But thanks for any info and ideas. I just dont have any hands exp with the sp4

Last edited by a moderator:
were are the box people at lol
Building boxes lol.

Here you go man. Sorry for the delay, had a couple boxes I'm trying to get finished. The port area is slight higher than normal, but I think it will work out better. Especially once you decide to up the power.

4.03cuft@33.07hz net with 16.5x4.5(18.42sqin per cube/74.25 total) port 36" long. The three 16.5x3 pieces are just braces, you can move them around whereever you want, or do away with them.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.

Building boxes lol.

Here you go man. Sorry for the delay, had a couple boxes I'm trying to get finished. The port area is slight higher than normal, but I think it will work out better. Especially once you decide to up the power.

4.03cuft@33.07hz net with 16.5x4.5(18.42sqin per cube/74.25 total) port 36" long. The three 16.5x3 pieces are just braces, you can move them around whereever you want, or do away with them.

hey man thanks for the feedback. BUT, honestly the box is going to have to fit more than likely in a PT Cruiser. I may have forgot to mention that above in the OG post. Im suppose to get a good used PT for a cheap price from a older lady that seems well taken care of. Its got new head gaskets(heads are fine no crack or warp), its been tuned up with plugs and wires changed, waterpump changed and timing belt changed. New battery, everything works. all it needs are the tires rotated. But of course im going to change the oil as soon as or if get it.

The box you designed looks really good, but the depth in the cruiser is only 20inches, so i would have to adjust the depth of the box to do sub up port back, or i could get a design for a sub up-port up box.

Ok, so im looking get some good ideas for enclosure for my Sp4 15. This will be a sub up port back build(suv or hatchback depending on which vehicle i get, more and likely a PT Crusier). for now will it will be run on about 2500 rms but will be upgrading power to around 4k(electrical is not a issue, so no need to ask about it).
From what im ready im seeing alot of people saying 3.75 - 4 cubes net and aim for 16 Sq-inches of port per cube and tune 32-34. i want to it play lows good of course but want it to meter decent if i compete the occasional comp. For the AB Hd15 i have now, its tuned around 35 and plays lows pretty well. So i assume the sp4 would play better lows in the same box seeing its a "low end monster" as people call it. I really dont want to tune to 32hz, i was thinking to keep it along the lines of 35-36hz like i am now though its only 3-4hz difference.The SP4 should still should dig lower than what i had. The HD15 played down to 28hz surprisingly good(ALA Dj Slick-Ricks music Zips).

But thanks for any info and ideas. I just dont have any hands exp with the sp4
The sp4's like lower tuned boxes and tons of power. 30 tuning is the sweet spot for these drivers. I've done quite a few for these and 34-35 is very peaky and won't dig low. Gotta tune low to dig low with these. Depending on power I'd go no smaller than 3.75 net for sure.

The sp4's like lower tuned boxes and tons of power. 30 tuning is the sweet spot for these drivers. I've done quite a few for these and 34-35 is very peaky and won't dig low. Gotta tune low to dig low with these. Depending on power I'd go no smaller than 3.75 net for sure.
honestly i may end up just trading it.... I dont have the power for it and really dont want to upgrade power lol...

Man they need POWAHH
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
right POWAHH that i dont have and dont really want to spend for lol..... i mentioned you in the other post a made a few mins ago about the situtaion

[quote name='CSCStang']Nice tline btw @The_Dealer[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I got lucky and had the best box builder on the line teach me how to t-line. I was ready to throw in the towel after the first one I ended up being a 15hz-24hz monster. I went with 28.5sqin line area instead of SD(30.66sqin) and tuned to 34hz

awesome man im doing the same sub up port back setup in a jeep grand cherokee 98. i havent messed with mine that much i tossed mine in a sealed 3.3 net box and wasnt really impressed at all.. it sounded good but output was meh. i got the box for free so it was just for fun. i cant wit to build this box its 5 cubes net @ 33hz 8 inch aero. i designed this myself and hope it does well.. anyone care to check my design out? but to the @bgowdy good luck on your build and i hope the best for you and your beast of a sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.