Help put two 15s in a Blazer, keep back seat.

3.5 is not large. As far as "getting away" with a smaller box, yes you can many times. However there is always something lacking. You can play low with a small enclosure as well, just not with the same type of intensity you can with a larger volume ith those drivers. The idea behind designing is to get the most from the subs in the given application. Not to "make it work".

those 15s are in less than 2.5 cu ft per sub. plays down to low 20's with ease.

You are a taking a very narrow and specific install and trying to apply that to all installs. We have talked about this before. That is simply not how this works. Let's not forget we are talking different subs and power and desired goals.

You are a taking a very narrow and specific install and trying to apply that to all installs. We have talked about this before. That is simply not how this works.
ive done it, and seen it plenty of times. those are simply the only videos that I could find. small with a good amount of port area works very well. plays flat, gets low. now I have never dealt with aq, so I may be wrong on that, but with every sub that I have used they loved a smaller box with a good amount of port area.

There is a balance to be had, but it depends highly on the application, goals, and product. There is simply no way to say this will work for all subs and applications.

Also I did say you will still be able to play low in smaller enclosures and with various port area. However these is a give and take situation when designing.

There is a balance to be had, but it depends highly on the application, goals, and product. There is simply no way to say this will work for all subs and applications.
Also I did say you will still be able to play low in smaller enclosures and with various port area. However these is a give and take situation when designing.
because 6th orders.

ive done it, and seen it plenty of times. those are simply the only videos that I could find. small with a good amount of port area works very well. plays flat, gets low. now I have never dealt with aq, so I may be wrong on that, but with every sub that I have used they loved a smaller box with a good amount of port area.

Then perhaps you should stop giving advice on subs you have NEVER built for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I've always had good results from the larger boxes we built with lots of port, and even the smaller 2 cube ones with 6" round ports. Post tax time be expecting a build log.

Ran a main power wire yesterday, should be getting to my big three tomorrow. Box for one 15 until the second comes will be around 5.5 cubes with 17" of port per cube iirc. Might even get some videos of that up, should be in next week.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.