HELP -Power Slowly Decreasing

Participant count
  • Participant list

dragonware
10+ year member

Hi Guys im new to this can you please help me figure if my wiring is wrong or if I need a better amp.

here is the story.

FIRST

2 Eminence beta-6a 175RMS @ 8 ohm in my front doors parallel to 4ohm

Powered by Massive audio NX2- Bridged 480RMS CEA-compliant @4ohm

SOUNDED excellent clean loud crystal clear

Second

2 Eminence beta-6a 175RMS @ 8 ohm in my front doors

2 kicker components DS6.21 60RMS @4ohm in the rear doors

Powered by Massive Audio NX4- one speaker per ch 100RMS CEA-Compliant @4ohm

Sounded crystal clear but I lost about 10% volume

Kickers are over powered

and the eminence are underpowered and the ohm is mis matched but still sounded great and amp would not go into protect mode.

In this configuration if I attempted to Bridge and parallel the NX4 for the eminence it would go into protect after 20 mins of play

Third

2 Eminence beta-6a 175RMS @ 8 ohm in my front doors

2 kicker components DS6.21 60RMS @4ohm in the rear doors

2-Tweeters/crossovers from the kicker components added to the front doors ( assuming this is 4ohm also)

Powered by Massive Audio NX4- one speaker per ch 100RMS CEA-Compliant @4ohm

My music sounds complete now however i have lost another 10% of my volume.

am i wiring this wrong ?

Would my tweeter be getting more power than the eminence since they are on the same crossover ?

Any risk of damage ?

anything I can do to wire differently or change crossover to get back my volume all gains are set properly dont wana mess.

The amp is capable of 200RMS @2ohm by adding the tweeter to the eminence on the crosover am i now down to 2.66ohms so the amp is giving 200RMS instead of 100 ? Why the loss in power is the tweeter pulling more watts as its the one with the lower impedance ?

Sorry for the long winded post wanted to give as much info as i can.

FYI 2-12" RE audio *** 1200 RMS @1ohm on a Hifonics GLX1400.1D

JVC-kd-X40 head unit

Cadence CE-773 EQ

Extra battery and 0 gauge No big 3.

Adding tweeters doesn't drop the impedance like adding a woofer in parallel. You're not actually running that amp at 2.66 ohms. How are you arriving at this 10% loss of volume? How did you set the gains on the amp? Also, when you're into your system upgrades this far you must do the Big 3. Your electrical upgrades are bottlenecked at critical junctions.

I noticed the volume drop the first time when I unbridged I needed to take my volume up to 20 to be heard a block away,

now that I added the tweets an crossover i have to take my volume up to 30 to get the same results.

I have the wire and planned on doing the big 3 problem is i need to hoist my car up 2008 ford focus Se to get to my alternator.

and my garage told me that its un necessary since i have 2 batteries and a 110 stock alternator.

I dont see any lights dimming or anything and my volt meter is pretty much constant on 13.9 when car is running.

Gains on the NX4 are set to just a little bit past half way mark but less than 3/4

Thanks for your response most of my posts go un answered in here guys say they dont like canadians

Set your gains with a DMM at the least. An oscilloscope or a DD-1 would be better. Setting the gains by going to the half way mark or by using any arbitrary method is not correct. A lot of people can set gains by ear, but they've been doing it a long time.

There's nothing wrong with needing to turn the volume up higher to get the desired output, as long as you're not pushing the amp into heavy clipping. Unless you still have speakers powered by the head unit you should be turning the volume up to roughly 75% before adjusting the gains.

If you need to put off the power wire upgrade between the alternator and the battery due to the difficulty then at least upgrade the ground wires. Go from the battery and the chassis and another one between the battery and the engine block.

yea I can do the ground wires.

the gains were set by a vetran, i just found it funny that as soon as i added the tweets n crossovers i noticed a 10point volume drop.

thought it had to do with mis matching the ohms n amp.

found it, so turns out the crossover in the door was busted something broke off inside opened it up n re solders its back.

As to the volume issue when i installed the cross over i put my head unit flat

to set the EQ. and never put it back up so once i did that i was able to get my volume back.

found it, so turns out the crossover in the door was busted something broke off inside opened it up n re solders its back.As to the volume issue when i installed the cross over i put my head unit flat

to set the EQ. and never put it back up so once i did that i was able to get my volume back.
How much are you boosting on the EQ? You could be pushing your amps into bad clipping.

found it, so turns out the crossover in the door was busted something broke off inside opened it up n re solders its back.As to the volume issue when i installed the cross over i put my head unit flat

You should "set" everything for where you are going to listen to it at. Setting and tuning it for a flat eq is perfect but if you are then going to switch it to something like "powerful" or "bass boost" you are wasting your time.

the input on the EQ is almost all the way down, and to the other point. im not using bass bost or loud/powerful on the headunit.

I just increased the mid n highs up by about 2 points.

The problem with the crossover is i think its just cheaply made its not the first time things have desoldered from the board an i had to re solder them. in both units KICKER garbage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.