HELP PLEASE! Static coming from speakers!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Luckyme206

CarAudio.com Newbie
I had a 4 channel Jensen Amp 1000W that had passenger speaker and 10” sub powered from amp and driver side speaker powered by the head unit. With a bass knob LC-1 universal connected.

Had to run that setup for about 4 days until my parts got in to finish the hook up for driver side. Everything worked like a charm.

Parts came in, ran speaker wires from driver side door to the amp, connected wires to amp terminal then plugged in the speakers, Turned my car to ACC mode and system sounded perfectly fine. Thought I was good to go so I wrapped it all up and put all the panels and what not back together.

Started my car to move it and that’s when I heard the static and with my volume low enough just to hear the subwoofer I notice the bass was not hitting a full “boom” if you will lol (clearly a rookie) like “BOO..soft...OOOOO...soft...OOOM” if that makes any sense hahaha.

But when I turn off my car and put it back into ACC mode there’s no static at all and everything sounds normal.

Double checked all my connections, tightened some things down, still no fix. Disconnected every cable and re-ran all connections to amp, still no fix. Re-ran “figure-8” copper ground around preamp outputs. And still no fix.

(Battery was disconnected every time troubleshooting)

Help me please!!!!

Need more info
What amp is it (model #)
What front speakers, sub (make and model)
Front and rears or just fronts?
Crossovers?
What car?
What size wire
Are you saying you first only had one side and the sub and it was fine
Then you hooked up the second side and everything went wrong?
Have you tried unhooking something to see if it still happens.
Start with the speakers you hooked up that caused all the problems
If it still happens the try with just the fronts and no sub
For me trouble shooting is about eliminating what's not the problem until you find what is
Usually when you think there is no way in hell that something could be the problem is when it ends up being the the problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...