Help picking out speakers for my setup. Componets too.

bjl95mustang
10+ year member

Ok, I'm trying to deciede on what speakers I should get for my setup.

I will have a jbl 75.4 II amp running whatever I get.

I can fit the componets up front in the stock locations in my jeep and the rear doors take a 6.5" speaker.

Right now I have a set of kappa 6.5" componets that are still in the box.

I have heard that the kappas have a harsh tweeter so it's kind of making me think twice about what to get.

I found the polk momo componets local for $150 and the 6.5" door speakers for $100.

But i'm also looking at either the alpine type-r or x componets too.

Any input on these speakers would really help out.

Use your inifinity, jeeze listen to them yourself, if you dont like them then upgrade, or get something else.

The polks I can say have a very good tweeter on the components and coaxle

Try the Kappa's before you drop any more $. Tweeter placement has allot do do with percieved harshness. Wire the tweets in the -3db position to tone them down and take a listen. You're not married to them so you can always swap them outcif your not in love.

If you haven't already, deaden, deaden, deaden with either Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Dynamat Xtreme, or RAAMmat BXT. Use the Kappas that you already have. If they come up short, then look for something else... at least then you'll already have the deadening done.

And here are some recommendations:

Alpine SPX-17PRO

Polk MMC6500

Cerwin Vega V-Max 65 (becoming scarce... onlinecarstereo still has them)

Pioneer TS-D1720C

Pioneer TS-C720PRS

PG RSd65cs (if you can find them)

if your tweets are too harsh, try them off axis. or use velcro to experiment with placement. $5 in parts and time could save you from the upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.