Help on the SOLOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW.. thast a beast.. not sure about the amp setup....

but i would double up on 1" mdf for the box, Good Luck!!

ps. post a pic of it next to like, a lighter or something for size reference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

erm, a solox is not the feint-hearted.

a solox will take anywhere from 5000w~10,000w.

If I had a solox, it would naturally be in a ported box, in the region of about 5cubes and up.

Basically, if you have to ask, you shouldn't really be having a solox.

since you do, get the most powerful amp you can. Get two amps that can be stacked, sometiems it is cheaper that way.

You also got to realise that if you pump something like 2000w+ RMS, then you would need to upgrade your car's electrical system. Even if you do, at 5000w, it would be for short bursts only.

Please help.
I purchased a Solo, and should be arriving here in 1-3 days. What amps should i use to power the beast, and how many. Also, what preference box does anyone suggest, and how many Cu. Ft'? Thanks'
:hilarious Please tell you have seen or played with these in person. :hilarious Do you have any idea how huge these things are. This thing is enormous. Look into Harrison Labs Audio Engine for amps to power it, be prepared to pay. Also check out a new alternator, the 200-250 amps range or better.

i am thinking either he is a beginner over his head, or is a liar no offense dude. i mean that sub alone will cost you no less than 700 not to mention if you have to ask as said before it's not the sub for you. i could fit maybe 1 in a wall in my gmc jimmy but that's pushing it. the sub needs at least 5+cuft i'd say closer to 7 and as said 2500 or more for power.

adam

well, a 250a alt will pump maybe 60A on idle. Unles syou plan ot never drop the RPM below 2000 or so, a HO alt is also no use.

I dont' doubt that you bought a solox, you prolly really did buy it, but cars weren't designed and made to accomodate subs of such capabilities and awe.

For me, solox sounds pretty SPL only. Maybe people use it as a daily, i dunno, but to me, a comp only sub.

Why in the name of GOD would you buy a Solo X. HAve you ever seen the size of these things, they're MONSTEROUS. Your def gonna need an upgrade in your electrical system, if you plan on powering them correctly......GOOD LUCK, YOU"RE GONNA NEED IT

How bout return it, buy two 13W7's and two JL1000/1's and a alt or capacitator...
you're a moron. 13w7 is the price of a solo X or at least within 100 bucks. personally, for SPL the Solo X is tuff to beat even with the flaw that kicker is too lazy to fix.

adam

well for the price of the amps, alt, caps, huge box that you need for one Solo X, the total of 2 13w7's, 2 1000/1's a box and etc will add to prob less than that of the solo x and it's setup, so f*** you... and I'm sure 2 13w7's would be up there in spl with 1 solo x, and if not get 2 XXX 15's which would be louder....

i comemnd u Bumpin L7s if u want get it

Why in the name of GOD would you buy a Solo X. HAve you ever seen the size of these things, they're MONSTEROUS.
Not knocking anybody or anything but he probably bought it cause of the size of the speaker.

Quoted from paikiah

Basically, if you have to ask, you shouldn't really be having a solox.

if he can afford it he deserves it

if he has the money to buy a solo x, then he probably has the money to buy whatever type of amps he needs to power them. if u have the money u don't have to be knowledgeable about the extreme system you are buying. it's not his fault that he can afford a solo x and probably all of the power that he needs to supply it. people look at systems completely backwards; its not what type of system can i squeeze into my car, but more like i'm gonna squeeze my car around any system that i want to put into my car. trust me i know. if he wants a system like this he's obviously not looking for that much sound quality, cause all he wants to do is beat the walls down.

As far as amp choices go i'm already pretty biased so IMO i would go with like a directed or orion 2500d amps, memphis, or a couple monsters from mmats

well for the price of the amps, alt, caps, huge box that you need for one Solo X, the total of 2 13w7's, 2 1000/1's a box and etc will add to prob less than that of the solo x and it's setup, so f*** you... and I'm sure 2 13w7's would be up there in spl with 1 solo x, and if not get 2 XXX 15's which would be louder....
ok lets see a solo x 700 or so, amps to power max of 800 b/c you can power it on 2 D3's if need be or 2 modded mmats d300hc's. so 1500 for sub and amp, that covers 2 13w7's. add 2 jl 1000/1's your talking another 1300. if you think that a solo x will cost more than w 13w7's and 2 jl 1000/1's that is simply way off bud. also i've done a 163.9 with 1 Solo X.

adam

First of all, thats all assuming you buy the Solo X and the amps necessary for it off ebay or something and the 13w7's off like an authorized dealer. Second of all you didn't include anything about alt, caps, batteries neccesary to power such a high power application, Third of all I'm sure that 2 XXX 15's in the right setup with a lot of power can do upwards of 160db's, hell my single XXX 15" does around 152+ db's, and I've heard two single XXX 15" setups that were significantly louder than mine. No I'm not lying either, I saw them metered, as well as mine... all Lin X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...