Help on SQ

Originally posted by i3abyjay25 i dont know if my amp is even worth haveing?.. to much upgradein to the electrical system.. how much do u think i could get a 300 amp alternator for? the manuals says it can draw up to 300 amps..and that just for 1 amp. not to metion for my other amp for my mids and highs and the rest of my car.. tv, ps2, and dvd player, cd changer, epic 150,under car neon kit, power inverter..and so on..
I'll gladly accept it if you don't like it.. hell, I'll even pay for the shipment....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

hmm, 300amp alt? I don't know if they exist.. maybe in larger industrial size machinery, you might find it, but those kind of generators..wow... would put strain on your car, I think...

Adding on another might be a cheaper option than going all-out on a mega HO alt. If you already have a 160a alt, then maybe you could get a second-hand stock alt just to divide the strain somewhat... guess that give you more power and cheap too...

yeah, the highest i've seen is a 200A alt. above that, they usually have to be custom made. ohio generator will make them for you i'm sure, but they start at like what, $600?

Originally posted by hargenoff 2 10's definitly will work...you might want to try a ported box instead of sealed, ported box i think give better SQ, which you are looking for. My friend has a set of Kappa's, they sound really nice. I recommend them. Alpine HU are great, most you find under $500, just pick one that will suit his needs. Some have mp3 players, some don't. Depends on what he is looking for. Plus it takes ALOT to **** up the alpine HU and make it skip. You can go like 80 over some RR tracks and it won't skip! I personally have the cda7893, payed 350 for it and absoulty love it. has a small built in EQ, lets me **** around with the sound stage, i can controll where the bass can be focused, front or back, has a subwoofer adjuster.....Alpine rocks!!!
i dont know much about audio but i think seal is better for an SQ setup compared to the ported one.

yea, thats what i plan on doing is dual alts.. the guy i bought this 1 from is suppouse to get some more in..but some1 told me that in order for me to run dual alts, ill have to sacrifice my power steering.. and he knows a good bit on cars, but im sure i can have it specially fitted..just have to wait for extra $$$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.