Help on Choice of Amp

As for amps, it's all about how much you want to spend. In order, from expensive to cheap

Kicker kx1200

Memphis 1100

RF bd1500

JBL 1200

I know I'm leaving some out. Perhaps someone else will help us fill in this list...

Originally posted by serialplayer As for amps, it's all about how much you want to spend. In order, from expensive to cheap

Kicker kx1200

Memphis 1100

RF bd1500

JBL 1200

I know I'm leaving some out. Perhaps someone else will help us fill in this list...

those amps would destroy those subs. look into a JBl 300.1 since the subs are around 125 rms.

An amp that has alot more power than a sub can handle will NOT destroy a sub as long as you are smart about how high you turn your volume up. Overdriving a small amp will destroy the subs alot quicker with a clipped signal.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif Larry:cool:

That's partially true, but an amp that is putting out over 1000 watts to those subs will destroy them, regardless of how high you turn up the volume.

Get lightning audio Bolt Amp pimps out alot of juice and is a great value. I just Blew a V-tech hammer 12 with the B2.200 model. very good value:D

i don't know about all that, i had my memphis st1000D running my two IDQ's not too long ago. those subs are rated at 350 rms and i ran the subs down to 1 ohm and they pounded without a scent of distortion. keep the gain at 1/4 of the way up, no more or you will melt the glue off the voice coils. after the gain is set there, leave it alone! play with the bass controls on your HU if you aren't happy. build the box, it is cheaper, better, and more size efficient for your subs. do it right and you will slam.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.