Help on 85 mustang system

Participant count
  • Participant list

can76

CarAudio.com Newbie
Tampa
Hello! I removed the entire old system on my 85 mustang and had the following installed:

-sony mex--gs820bt
-3.5 kicker speaks in the front dash (2)
-5x7 Polk Audio speakers in the rear (2)

It does not good. All i can hear is screaming treble from the 3.5s, and I barely even hear the 5x7s at all. I hear very little bass anywhere. The worker who actually installed it said the sony is not powerful enough and the 5x7s are just entry level polk audios. Then, the guy who owned the shop told me the unit is powerful enough but the speakers are too small/not powerful enough. He suggested a subwolfer with a built in amp. Any thoughts??? Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.