Help! Not sure whether to get an X12 or Zv4

Participant count
  • Participant list

Syphlyn

Canada
I have an SAZ-2000D amp and am thinking about getting a single X12 or Zv4. I'm custom building a box that is 2.5 cubic feet tuned to 32hz with 16 sq inches of port/cubic foot. The box will be in the back of my F150 with the sub and port firing upwards. I already ordered the X12 but I have no issues returning it and ordering a Zv4 if it's better suited for my application, so don't take that into consideration when you respond.

I am getting a Mechman 270A alternator so there will be no lack of electrical.

Which subwoofer better suits my needs? The price difference doesn't matter. Most interested at 2k rms which woofer will give me better performance and a longer life expectancy.

I have an SAZ-2000D amp and am thinking about getting a single X12 or Zv4. I'm custom building a box that is 2.5 cubic feet tuned to 32hz with 16 sq inches of port/cubic foot. The box will be in the back of my F150 with the sub and port firing upwards. I already ordered the X12 but I have no issues returning it and ordering a Zv4 if it's better suited for my application, so don't take that into consideration when you respond.
I am getting a Mechman 270A alternator so there will be no lack of electrical.

Which subwoofer better suits my needs? The price difference doesn't matter. Most interested at 2k rms which woofer will give me better performance and a longer life expectancy.
Stick with the x12 ..idont think the price to extra performance will be there on that power

Stick with the x12 ..idont think the price to extra performance will be there on that power
I have a DD1 to set my gains, will I run into any issues with the X12 on 2k? That's my main concern is ruining the X12 with the 2k. I doubt 2k clean would wreck a Zv4...

Set clean with a dd1 the x12 will be fine on the 2k
From what I've discovered and heard 2k as long as it's clean and a proper enclosure a X12 will take all day. So that begs the question is my enclosure "proper"?

From what I've discovered and heard 2k as long as it's clean and a proper enclosure a X12 will take all day. So that begs the question is my enclosure "proper"?
Oh yea tuned low 30s 2.5 cubes 16" of port per cube should be right up the x12s alley ..sounds prettt optimal..dont sweat it

Oh yea tuned low 30s 2.5 cubes 16" of port per cube should be right up the x12s alley ..sounds prettt optimal..dont sweat it
In that box if I disregard price, as to me it doesn't matter. Will I see more performance from the Zv4? It'll probably last longer and be "future proof" if I decide to upgrade.

In that box if I disregard price, as to me it doesn't matter. Will I see more performance from the Zv4? It'll probably last longer and be "future proof" if I decide to upgrade.
Yea no doubt it will last longer and will give u more headroom on power...on that power difference to the ear will probably be inaudible

Yea no doubt it will last longer and will give u more headroom on power...on that power difference to the ear will probably be inaudible
Yeah I've contacted them and am trying to get the shipment intercepted. They said it should be no issue and they'd invoice me for the remaining amount. I've heard some things about the Xs build quality, maybe they're wrong but I'm going with the Zv4.

Thanks

Yeah I've contacted them and am trying to get the shipment intercepted. They said it should be no issue and they'd invoice me for the remaining amount. I've heard some things about the Xs build quality, maybe they're wrong but I'm going with the Zv4.
Thanks
The problemm with the x.s were the same as the zv4 ..bad adhesion between the surround and basket and spiders and basket ..all have been corrected so no worries they were all fixed after the first runs jacob said

The problemm with the x.s were the same as the zv4 ..bad adhesion between the surround and basket and spiders and basket ..all have been corrected so no worries they were all fixed after the first runs jacob said
Yeah I read something about that. No doubt it's fixed now as I believe it happened a year ago. Still excited to get my Zv4!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.